Brownsville says, "HELLO DOLLY"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Looks like Brownsville, Texas may be saying, "KEEP OUT" to Hurricane Dolly sometime Tuesday.
Stay safe you all, and God Bless.
Don't forget to talk care of all your animal babies.

I'm sorry I'm the bad weather watcher here. But after Wilma here and Katrina, etc., etc. this season creeps me out. And we still see and here stories 3 years later, and there's nothing I can do about it, except watch.

We call my daughter Dolly for a nickname....
It's really quite fitting she has a hurricaine now.
Be safe everyone.

They say she will hit sometime Wed. afternoon, from Corpus Christi to N.E. Mexico, with max winds @ 75mph.
But they seem more worried about flooding due to rain, saying maybe as much as 15".
South Padre Island already has nat'l guard stationed for
voluntary evac. and 26 buses already available.

Good luck and God Bless you guys and all members
in that area.

Last edited:
11pm news showed people filling up gas, water, batteries, boarding up and leaving via Queen Island Memorial Bridge, So. Padre Island.
Thank God people are listening to the warnings.

Our local news showed a couple of cars on the causway and police were ready to shut down the bridge. We are still up anticipating the rain and wind here in Mission. We're about 60 miles west of Brownsville.

My step-father lives just across the bridge, in Port Isabel and his condo is right on the water. He's making for my sister's house in the DFW area. Stay safe, everbody.

8am EDT, said they closed the Causeway last night due to high winds.
Winds are at 65mph, with gusts to 85, still classified as a Cat.1.
Eye will hit landfall around 2pm, dumping from 15"-25"
of rain.
It's only travelling @ 8mph, and is eye is about 55 miles away from Brownsville.
The outerband rains and wind have just knocked out electric on South Padre Island.

And so it goes.........................................................

They say the hurricane has increased to a cat. 2., with winds at 100mph.
The eye hit just north of Brownsville.
Before sundown we should see it pass and downgrade.

I hope to God.
I know on this side of the Gulf, on Sunday, our water temps. reached 89 degrees. It was like bathwater.
That makes the storm worse, when the water temps are that warm.

They said it had slowed too and slowing makes it increase. I've had the weather channel on all day. I don't know why, but I'm utterly fascinated by hurricanes and storm chasers.

The eye of the hurricane is about to hit So Padre Island. We started getting rain a couple of hours ago here in Mission (75 miles west from So Padre Island) but nothing major yet. I get fascinated with these things but I would hate for it to get stronger and dangerous for us. Thanks to those praying for us down here in the south tip of Texas.

Last edited:
They say she climbed to a cat. 2, with winds to 115mph. But the worst of it is over from the eye.
And they are already showing damage reports, but the rain will keep coming from the outer bands for about another 48! hours. You know that means some flooding, and power outages. .....Then.....The SKEETERS! ....I dread them as much as all the rest, almost.

I know Silver. DH and I won't be able to exercise outside for a while. As long as we're not flooded is what matters anyway.

Back
Top Bottom