Pistachio Pound cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Pistachio Pound cake

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 package of pistachio flavored instant jello pudding mix
1 box of ultra moist yellow or butter cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla flavoring (sometime I have used almond extract)
1 tsp butter flavoring (margarine)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pre-heat oven to 375 or 400 depending on your oven and how hot it works normally.
Butter and flour loaf pan and very small cake pan for left over batter (sorry I don't have measurements) put aside.
In a large bowl mix together cake mix, pudding mix, oil, and water on low speed till mixture is moist.
Add eggs one at a time till well blended. Add in vanilla and butter flavorings. Mix at medium/high speed for about 5 minutes. Batter will become thick. Pour batter into loaf pan leaving aprox 1 inch to top of pan. Pour remaining batter in any small baking dish that will hold remaining amount.
Bake for about 45 minutes, check periodically after 30 mins till slightly golden and toothpick comes out barely clean. Of course smaller cake will come out sooner. Beware these cakes over cook fast so I usually allow the tooth pick to come out slightly moist to insure a moist cake. It will cook slightly more after you remove it from the oven.
Cool in pans for about 5 mins, then transfer to a cooling rack Store in airtight container.
There are bits of pistachios in the pudding that adds a little crunch and the color of the cake may throw people off at first but they will soon forget the second they try it!
[/FONT]

Every person who has ever been unsure of it or flat out thought they wouldn't like it, fell in love with it! It was a frequent request for birthdays at my old job! Soooo moist!
Hope you enjoy it :)

sounds good, I enjoy pistachio flavored foods. I even have pistachio syrup that I use in milk.

I have a somewhat similar recipe that my grandmother used to make.
Pistachio Nut Swirl Cake

1 package yellow cake mix
1 package pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp. almond extract
Combine all in large bowl and blend. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts. Shake 1/2 sugar mixture on bottom of greased and floured bundt pan. Pour 1/2 batter on top. and sprinkle the top with other 1/2 sugar mixture. Top with remaining batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool about 15 minutes before removing from pan.

Barb

This is a wonderful cake, deelady!

I make it in a bundt pan and there's plenty of room for all the batter.

Lee

Oh nice variation homecook! I'll have to try that, it sounds like a coffee cake. Would it make much difference if I use vanilla extract?

Glad you guys are enjoying the recipe, I have been making it exactly that way for about 20 + years!
Qsis did you have this recipe before? Or did you just recently make it?

Oh nice variation homecook! I'll have to try that, it sounds like a coffee cake. Would it make much difference if I use vanilla extract?

I don't see why not. I really don't taste the almond extract. I just use it because that's how my grandmother did it. lol

Barb

Qsis did you have this recipe before? Or did you just recently make it?

deelady, a friend of mine (who was a terrible cook) made this cake once sometime in the early '90's, in a bundt pan. I raved about it to her, she gave me the recipe, and I've been making it that way since then.

Cool in the pan, remove from pan, dust with confectioner's sugar.

Great, easy cake!

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom