What's for dinner July 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I can't decide and I'm taking votes....
Either my 1st batch of pesto for the season, or something I made up called pizza pasta.... shell pasta with a can of diced tomato, garlic, onion, fresh basil, mozz cheese, parm cheese, and pepperoni.
How about you and HELP ME!!

I have chicken thighs in the crockpot with, cream of chicken soup, basil , medley of ground pepper, dried tomato sprinkles. Will have either buttered egg noodles with it or small white potatoes roasted with garlic and herbes de provence and evoo, and NYT bread which has muenster cheese in it.

I have a haircut appt at 6 so dinner will be late and quick. I'm thinking some grilled tuna and sautéed baby beets with their greens..... and a nice Cotes du Rhone... :)

I found myself baking some beef, cheese and bean burritos for lunch. With a hurricane coming our way and possibly no electricity, we will probably be having sandwiches for dinner.

I vote pesto.
As for my dinner... dunno. Wife is out, so I can play.
Don't feel playful though, so probably something simple...

I am flush with fresh basil,too, so we are having a basil dish as well. Red pepper pesto pita pockets. Roasted red peppers, cooked, shredded chicken, mayonnaise, pesto sauce, cheese, baked and melted together, served in a pita pocket.

Go for a pesto dish!

Picnic for our local "Music in the Park" Costco roasted chicken & salad and maybe barbecued baked beans. Not sure how to take the beans and serve them without making a mess.

Got a big roasting chicken from the store. I'm stuffing it with crudely cut potatoes, carrots and rosemary which is a perennial in my garden. The juice will drip down inside the seasoned chicken and make those vegetables SO GOOD.

Garden salad.

That's enough.

All I know is it will probably have something to do with the ground sirloin I got on special yesterday and salad (I have tonssss!)

All I know is it will probably have something to do with the ground sirloin I got on special yesterday and salad (I have tonssss!)

hmmm, taco salad?

I'm going to grill the other three thighs from the pack I opened yesterday. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm putting on them yet. Or what I'm having with them.
I may just cook them for sandwiches tomorrow and have something else tonight.

Not a clue tonight, eating out is not an option as we heard from the mechanic today and the bill for her work van will be around $2,200.00 which completely empties the bank account for now.
Maybe scrounge up some pancakes and eggs, or do some french toast.

Sorry Pacanis but good try. We have been having a lot of taco salads lately so I turned it into a meatloaf making use of many of my garden fresh herbs. It will also double for sandwiches tomorrow as 3 people have to pack lunches!

Not a clue tonight, eating out is not an option as we heard from the mechanic today and the bill for her work van will be around $2,200.00 which completely empties the bank account for now.
Maybe scrounge up some pancakes and eggs, or do some french toast.

I make pretty big meat loaves, Mav, if that will help! I certainly know about vehicle troubles!

I make pretty big meat loaves, Mav, if that will help! I certainly know about vehicle troubles!

I will be right over!:)

At least for us it didn't catch us off guard, we knew it needed work and set aside money for the last couple of months for it. The final bill came in about $200 more than we anticipated so there went our grocery money for the next few days!

We had Chinese take-out: Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce with broccoli, snowpeas, carrots, peppers, etc., and Chicken with Broccoli in a brown sauce. First time trying this place - very, very good.

Yey! I was able to cook dinner for my family since there were no power outages yet. Chicken fried steak, corn, mashed potatoes ~ sunny side up eggs and black beans for hubby and grilled chicken salad for me.

I ended up making pesto. I even have some extra to make something else with it.... or for me for lunch tommorow!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom