Meat spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I often make meat spread with ham or balogna, plus hard-boiled eggs, Miracle Whip, sweet relish, mustard and maybe some cheese.

But I had a big chunk of leftover boneless pork loin roast left over in the fridge, and I remembered that my mom used to make meat spread with pork or beef roast too, so DH got out the the grinder and we whipped some up. I'd forgotten how good it was!
So the next time you have some leftover roast, give it a try!

Mom always did that! I do it too, in my food processor. I use the end of a roast beef, and add a bit of ketchup, mayo & some seasoning if it needs it. I love it! Thanks for the reminder, Constance

My mom used to make a meat spread out of left-over ham and some crushed pineapple - I think there was cream cheese in it too, along with those things you mentioned Connie. Maybe it was MW instead of cream cheese but I'm pretty sure it was cream cheese.

That's a good idea about putting the horseradish in with the roast beef, and the crushed pineapple with the ham sounds good too!

Isn't it great what we can come up with when we put our heads together?

:LOL: How many DC members does it take to come up with a meat spread recipe?

OK, in "recalling" I do believe it was mayo or miracle whip more than likely (versus the cream cheese) since that what we actually called mayonnaise way back then and this was something spread on crackers.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: ok, I JUST remembered how she did it - way back when Philadelphia cream cheese "flavors" came in these cute little glasses and she would get the one flavored with pineapple and mix it with a little can of Deviled Ham - duh....how quickly we forget :LOL: So...it was cream cheese!

I like to use leftover roast beef, onion, mustard (a little) and mayo to make a spread for sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom