ISO Cream Cheese Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I want to make soft cream cheese cookies, but don't want one that has any pre-packaged items (I did a search here, but the 2 I found had either cake mix or cereal added to them) Also - no other major flavor, like citrus, etc.

I just want a good cream cheese flavor....any suggestions?

:LOL: - YOU are the cookie Meister and you're asking us? I do have a cookbook with what's called the Best Sugar Cookie Ever - it either has cream cheese in it or I used cream cheese frosting :rolleyes: - I searched several times for that cookbook today - no luck yet.

I'll do a search upstairs - I have a stack of cookbooks upstairs too.

If you have a cookie press, I can help you. My mother made the most wonderful, buttery, tender little cream cheese tidbits, they would make you weep.

Yes come on Connie, that one I found looks awful with all the junk in there..coconut, cherries all have their place but a plain cream cheese tid bit yummers
kadesma;)

Thanks all! I'll be reading up on these and we'll see what looks good.
(ps - I had a cookie press, but I sold it at a yard sale. Long story short, being the slightest bit ocd, I couldn't make certain shapes, unless they were tinted the same color, with the same flavor as mom did every Christmas. No matter how hard I tried, if I made a camel in anything other than tan with almond, I went nuts. And honestly, I think I was the only one who liked the pink swirly peppermint ones)

That first one sounds really good.

(I haven't seen 3 oz. pkgs of cream cheese in years! At least I can eyeball it.)

Here you go:

Norma Jeanne's Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, cheese and sugar; add egg yolk and flavoring. Beat until light. Mix in flour and salt. Chill dough. Force through spritz gun or cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.

She always made at least a double batch of these. I've tried other recipes, and never found one as good as these. If you don't have a cookie press, I don't know why you couldn't just spoon little bits onto the cookie sheet.

*Note: watch the first couple of pans of cookies closely, as cooking time may be different for your oven. They need to just get done enough to set up.

By the way, the ounces are marked on the side of the cream cheese wrapper.

Here you go:

Norma Jeanne's Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, cheese and sugar; add egg yolk and flavoring. Beat until light. Mix in flour and salt. Chill dough. Force through spritz gun or cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.

She always made at least a double batch of these. I've tried other recipes, and never found one as good as these. If you don't have a cookie press, I don't know why you couldn't just spoon little bits onto the cookie sheet.

*Note: watch the first couple of pans of cookies closely, as cooking time may be different for your oven. They need to just get done enough to set up.
Thanks Connie these look wonderful
kadesma:)

Cookie Site

I have the complete site name at the office. I will post the complete site name tomorrow. It is worth the wait. Sorry. Aria

Back
Top Bottom