Dinner Tuesday, July 29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
We're having BBQ sandwiches, fried green beans and instead of coleslaw I'm going to toss some fresh veggies in some seasoning and oil & vinegar.

I'm trying out a new recipe. I've rubbed a boneless pork sirloin roast with "The Neely's" rub. I also made their BBQ sauce and its simmering on the stove. I've adjusted the seasonings some from the original recipe to suit our tastes. I decided to serve the BBQ on onion buns vs regular hamburger buns.

I've never had fried green beans before and when I saw the Neely's make these I thought I had to try them too.

That sounds pretty tasty, Sizzlin.
I don't know what I'm having yet.

Must be pork day! I'm putting pork loin into the slow cooker, along with a jar of pepperoncinis (I chop them up), garlic, oregano sprigs, pepper & salt. This cooks all day till dinnertime, when I shred it and make sandwiches. We top it with sliced tomatoes and avocados.

Must be pork day! I'm putting pork loin into the slow cooker, along with a jar of pepperoncinis (I chop them up), garlic, oregano sprigs, pepper & salt. This cooks all day till dinnertime, when I shred it and make sandwiches. We top it with sliced tomatoes and avocados.

Yumm.....that sounds good. I love pepperocinis. I would love to add a whole jar to many of my recipes only DH likes just a hint of heat and anymore than a couple would be too spicy for him :(

we are going to a German restaurant :)
well I hope so I can live vicariously through you, and I will if it's Schmidts in Old German Village, isn't that where a Presidential candidate just went for lunch the other day? haahhahah:LOL:

Dinner is completely different than posted early. The day got away from me and I spent too much time at various stores. So, it is shredded turkey that's been simmering away with a TexMex sauce I somehow created, so it can go onto the NYT bread from yesterday as I just saw I have no tortillas. Dang. I guess it'll be some sort of Sloppy Jose's:LOL:. The spanish rice is home made as are the refried beans that just got done.The dessert will be home made chocolate sauce spooned over a simple and easy 1-2-3-4 coconut cake.
mine will be sans the frosting but with the Bakers coconut baked right in the cake instead of the outside of it.

at this time of the year, there is no room for a meat course in our diet. Today I am making a fortified potato salad. Putting in extra celery and red onions from the garden, extra hard cooked eggs, some diced smoked bacon ends, lots mayo and fresh cream. Presently I am marinating the potatoes in oil and red wine vinegar, salad to be tossed later. Will serve with some left over pasta and pesto

How funny that IS where we are going! Have you been there?
They have the best pretzel nuggets with mustard....thier spetchel (sp) is pretty delish as well!

What canidate went to eat there....I didn't hear about that?!

Spicy Asian catfish, rice and some sauteed veggies!
Gonna go eye watering nose running spicy tonight I think.....

various meats & cheeses with croccantini, like duck, chevre & corrozi or
buffalo steak, mashed taters, & haricots.

Got company coming. Grilled salmon glazed with mango preserves on a bed of sauteed bok choy and goat cheese/ bacon polenta with a drizzle of sake/soy reduction.

Bourbon..
Pan seared cube steak
Yellow crook neck squash/onions.....
Pink-eye purple hull peas/chili sauce.....
Fried Eggplant.....
Green beans/garlic
Slices of fresh tomato.....
Cold slices of vidalia onions.....
Cornbread.....
Tea...
Chocolate Icecream.......

Got company coming. Grilled salmon glazed with mango preserves on a bed of sauteed bok choy and goat cheese/ bacon polenta with a drizzle of sake/soy reduction.

So, if you already have company coming, you probably won't even notice one more eh?:LOL:

Bourbon..
Pan seared cube steak
Yellow crook neck squash/onions.....
Pink-eye purple hull peas/chili sauce.....
Fried Eggplant.....
Green beans/garlic
Slices of fresh tomato.....
Cold slices of vidalia onions.....
Cornbread.....
Tea...
Chocolate Icecream.......

Well, Uncle B, it sounds delicious....and incredibly colourful too!

leftover ham and last night's pasta.
leftover blizzard cake for dessert. :)

Back
Top Bottom