Sour Cream-Hazelnut Bundt Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Sour Cream-Hazelnut Bundt Cake

The moist cake is enhanced by the hidden surprise of crunchy hazelnuts and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Bake the cake up to two days ahead of the brunch, and store at room temperature. Or bake it up to a month ahead, and freeze; thaw at room temperature.

Cooking spray
1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
1 teaspoon powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.

Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream; beat until well blended.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.

Spoon half of batter into prepared Bundt pan; sprinkle evenly with hazelnuts. Drop small spoonfuls of chocolate spread over nuts. Spoon remaining batter over chocolate spread; swirl batter using the tip of a knife. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove cake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.

Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

CALORIES 293 (30% from fat); FAT 9.8g (satfat 4.8g, monofat 3.6g, polyfat 0.7g); PROTEIN 5.4g; CARBOHYDRATE 46.1g; FIBER 1g; CHOLESTEROL 51mg; IRON 1.4mg; SODIUM 226mg; CALCIUM 82mg;

OK Rainee...I love all the recipes, I could do without the nutritional info on the bottom though! LOL! I LOVE Nutella, thanks for this recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom