Dinner, Friday August 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Going to a local church festival and will graze on festival foods and visits with friends.

Probably pub grub at the Owl tikki bar at Kent Narrows.
Then a cold beer on Dad's pier watching the sun go down.
Ahhhh, the land of pleasant living! (too bad I can only make it there on my rare weekends off).......

I've got the ever present cheese plate - doing mostly sheep's milk cheeses. Also have some beautiful white figs, blueberries and champagne mangoes.

I'm toying with the idea of roasting some quail to serve with a sage sauce.

Stuffing endive leaves with goat cheese and candied walnuts.

Andouille biscuits.

From Barbados, Mount Gay rum with lime wedges.

Wife has declared: tuna salad sandwiches and ice cream.
Works for me, nice and easy.

I'm cooking (grilling) two more pork steaks tonight. Not that I want to, but I thawed four yesterday because my butcher froze them four in a pack, like the pork chops...
Sooooo I'll probably put BBQ sauce on these two and do some corn on the cob, also. I've got some slaw dressing I want to use up, too.

typical Italian salad with all that should be in there.
stuffed shells with the cheeses and spinach covered with red sauce of course.
sourdough garlic bread with lots of cheese and grated parm cheese.
do they sell gelato in the supremarkets? hum.........a thought

just can't get into dinner tonight....mostly i don't care, am too hot and tired. Had a bad sign today, the first full day of canning and I'm thinking, is all this work worth it? I don't even like canned green beans, so that didn't help. I can them to use in beef vegetable soup and beef stews. Got 11 quarts canned today, was hoping for 7, one canner load.

and I don't know when dh will be home..it's one of those jobs that he can't leave till its done, and there is no cell phone range there.

the potato salad is looking pretty good..

I did a variation on the lemon chicken recipe that has been up in the last few days. Subbed onion & celery for the garlic and added some mixed herbs. It was great.

I am making some pesto and tossing it with bow tie pasta and a tomato from the garden. Going to grill a couple of chicken breasts to go with it. Cherry pie for dessert!

Dinner will be whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce (red sauce), and a garden salad.

that guy I'm married to called earlier, I've been shopping, and said, "Honey, I'm bringing home gorgeous tuna steaks, can't wait for them tonight, is that okay?" like I was going to say no. so plans have changed with the omission of stuffed shells but all else will remain same. stuffed shells tomorrow night since sauce is done.

I did a variation on the lemon chicken recipe that has been up in the last few days. Subbed onion & celery for the garlic and added some mixed herbs. It was great.
Watched Gordon Elliott do a Follow that food show where the showcased food was lemon. He went to Rao's where I immediately thought of lemon chicken that they're so famous for. Someday, maybe someday, I'll get to eat there.

just can't get into dinner tonight....mostly i don't care, am too hot and tired. Had a bad sign today, the first full day of canning and I'm thinking, is all this work worth it? I don't even like canned green beans, so that didn't help. I can them to use in beef vegetable soup and beef stews. Got 11 quarts canned today, was hoping for 7, one canner load. and I don't know when dh will be home..it's one of those jobs that he can't leave till its done, and there is no cell phone range there. the potato salad is looking pretty good..
then potato salad for dinner it is! hope your day looks up soon, I know, it's hard to think of anything when it's that hot. have a great night....

Taco night!!!
I'm sorry, I cannot resist a good hardshell taco.
mmmmmm.

Scallion pancakes with soy dipping sauce and fresh..oh so fresh corn on the cob.

Spaghetti , salad and garlic bread
t2805.gif

A friend of mine had an art opening tonight, so we went to the reception at the gallery, and then to a party at her house afterward. They're from Colorado, so there was shrimp and scallop ceviche, posole, guacamole and fresh salsa with chips and some chopped mango, all washed down with sangria. Everything was great - I love ceviche.

i had a marie callenders frozen dinner, sweet and sour chicken. couldn't eat very much of it. nothing tastes good with this cold. in fact the 7up i tried to drink with it, tasted very strange.

babe:chef:

I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I had a peanut butter sandwich with strawberry jam on whole wheat bread. Not the greatest dinner I ever had. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom