Hashbrown Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peeper76

Cook
This has to be my most fave way to have potatoes. It is a comfort food, something i don't eat too often because it has sour cream and lots of cheese. I have it with ham or alone as a meal.
Here goes:
1 package of hashbrowns (small bag)
1 tin of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
crushed corn flakes on top
Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Sprinkle corn flakes on top. Bake at 350 for one hour.
Ohhhh, so good!:rolleyes:

I just made this with ham yesterday for dinner. One of our faves here at my house. I have used cream of celery soup in place of the chicken on occasion for a bit of a different flavor and I also add minced onion.

This is our favorite recipe (so far) utilizing frozen seasoned potatoes. We've enjoyed it as a brunch dish with eggs, or by itself as a vegetarian supper along with a salad & garlic bread. Either way - delicious & easy.

POTATOES ITALIANO BAKE (adapted from "365 Ways To Cook Vegetarian")

1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 24-ounce or so package frozen Potatoes O'Brien (frozen diced potatoes mixed with onion & peppers), thawed
1 medium fresh tomato, diced – OR - 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed, or dried & reconstituted - chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
8-ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Coarsely dice artichokes. In a large frying pan, heat artichoke marinade over medium heat. Add onion & cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in thawed potato mixture, tomatoes, & diced artichoke hearts. Add salt, cayenne pepper, mozzarella, & egg. Scrape mixture into a generously greased 2-quart baking dish & cover tightly with foil. Bake 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender & casserole is heated through. Remove foil & bake until lightly browned on top. Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving. If served hot, can be spooned out; if at room temp can be cut into squares.

It's delicious either way.

You HAD t o do it! You just posted this recipe and I found out this morning, I have gained 10 lbs. since last weigh in which was November. Now I want to make this but do you think I can even try small dish without putting on more lbs? This Biggest Loser program on tv doesn't motivate me. Only makes me eat more!

I will make it but maybe only try spoonful and start diet on Monday. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. Just told you about what I was thinking when I copied this recipe. As you said, delicious!

Yummy. I just made this recipe last night and it was so good. I cooked a ham and served this as a side dish. Thank you for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom