Sugar-free vs unsweetened

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shengchieh

Assistant Cook
I'm about to order lemonade from Amazon - most likely it's Wyler brand.
I need to decide between

Wyler's Unsweetened Lemonade Package (Pack of 144)

Wyler's Light Sugar Free Drink Mix, Lemonade, 12 Quart Canister (Pack of 12)

What is the difference between unsweetened and sugar-free lemonade? I noted the
unsweetened lemonade has no sugar in their nutrition list and is cheaper than the
sugar-free lemonade. Also, is there any health difference between the two?

BOTTOM LINE: If you were in my position, which one would you get?

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. No I'm not diabete - just borderline case - so I do need to watch my sugar level.
p.s.s. Sorry can't post URL yet - haven't gotten 20 posts yet. For the links, go to
amazon site and search for "wyler lemonade". Alternatively, I can copy and paste
and info you want.

Lemonade is lemon juice, sugar and water.

Sugar-Free lemonade is sweetened with something other than sugar

Unsweetened lemonade is not sweetened and requires you to add the sweetener of yur choice.

I wouldn't hesitate to give Wyler a call and ask them.
I call the toll free number on a product maybe a few times a year wanting my questions answered. I've never been disapointed in speaking to a customer rep directly.

Thank for the replies.

Has anyone tries unsweetened lemonade without any "sugar" addictive?
Or you have to put something in since it's so sour.

[Otherwise I'll stick with sugar-free lemonade.]

Sheng-Chieh

Wylers is a powder. I'm pretty sure that in this case unsweetened means that they haven't added any sweetener at all. Sugar-free would (I assume) mean that it has artificial sweetener. As pacanis said, it might be a good idea to check with Wylers. I will check it out a little and if I find anything I'll let you know.

:)Barbara

Wyler's is a powder. I'm pretty sure that in this case unsweetened means that they haven't added any sweetener at all. Sugar-free would (I assume) mean that it has artificial sweetener. As pacanis said, it might be a good idea to check with Wyler's. I will check it out a little and if I find anything I'll let you know.

LOL First, I need to apologize to you Andy--when I read what you posted it looked like you had it backwards, but you said the same thing I did! Here is what Wyler's says (same as what Andy and I both said): Jel Sert - Wyler's

To answer your other question, if you do not add some kind of sweetener to Wyler's, it will be very tart. It definitely needs something.

Back
Top Bottom