Any hidden talents out there??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone!

So my husband and I just got back from a 'Mini Vacation' with my parents, where we showed off some of our "Hidden Talents". Got me wondering what everyones talents are here at DC!

My talent: I can balance many stacks of pennies on my elbow and catch them with that same hand... Kinda hard to explain it without showing you... My current record is 25 pennies! :cool:

So what are your talents??

Years ago my mom and dad and I were watching Johnny Carson. One of his guests that night did a lot of interesting things with his hands. Then he started clapping with one hand (not that snapping thing the kids do now, and not clapping it against anything else). My mom and dad said how neat that was. I said, "What's the big deal?" One of them said, "Oh yeah, like you can do it?" I said, "Of course, I thought everyone could." I really did think everyone could do it, as it comes naturally to me, using either hand. They were really surprised. The kids at school loved when I did it. I have had two students in the last 12 years who could do it. I have tried teaching it, but apparently it can't be taught (or I haven't come across someone who can learn it).

Oh yeah, I can turn my arms kind of backwards, but not as much as I used to.

:)Barbara
P.S. This sometimes makes me wonder if there is something else that I can do that most people can't, but it's not really like you can ask people that!

I have no talents like that. Maybe my ability to get my big hands into very tight places and start screws, nuts and bolts that others cannot.

A lady in our church can tie a knot in the stem of a maraschino cherry, using only her tongue.

Along with about 40% of the population, I can roll my tongue and flip-flop it (not at the same time! lol).

:-pBarbara

My hidden talent is my ability to actually complete the items on DW's "Honey-Do" list. Unfortunately, I don't utilize this talent as often as she would like. Oh, BTW, I own and operate a Handyman business, so by day's end I'm tired of fixing other people's broken things, and all I want to do is cook or bake to take my mind off work.

JoeV

I'm very loose-jointed so I can bend my fingers back to where they almost touch the back of my hand and my thumb back so it touches the top of my wrist. Like Tatt, the rest of mine aren't PG.

I'm very loose-jointed so I can bend my fingers back to where they almost touch the back of my hand and my thumb back so it touches the top of my wrist.quote]

me, too! i'm, so loose-jointed i have to wear a wrist brace. kinda sucks.....

I can do that....
And I used to be able to get both legs behind my head....
Not anymore.

Now all of you SHUSH!!!!! :ohmy::rolleyes:

Oh sure shut us all down before we can even get started, where's the fun in that!!!:LOL:

I seem to be fairly talented at getting in trouble, and spending money. I am real good at the latter!!

I can spin a coin on a table and stop it cold with just my index finger, all using only my thumb and index finger of one hand and the coin never falls flat on its face from start to finish. Are you able to picture this?

:mrgreen:

My talent: I can balance many stacks of pennies on my elbow and catch them with that same hand... Kinda hard to explain it without showing you... My current record is 25 pennies! :cool:
Okay, beginner chef, you're waaaaaaaay too young to remember, but that same trick was huge when I was in 5th grade, because there was some guy on the show "Happy Days" that did it. Anyone else who went to grade school in the polyester era probably remembers it. BTW, very cool that you can do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom