Olive oil mayo - tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I just saw a commercial for Kraft olive oil mayo. Supposed to be lower fat than regular. Anybody try it yet? How does it taste?

I really liked it! It's been a couple months so the exact taste isn't coming to me. It was smooth. BUT, when I use mayo it's for a recipe that I've made for years and years and years and nothing really works but the brand I've always used flavor-wise. I'm not sure why I haven't bought more - it is now on my list!

It is fine in tuna salad and deviled eggs and even on a

sandwich make with deli meat. It is a little thinner and smoother than the regular. But when it comes to tomato sandwiches, nothing but the original Hellmann's will do.
Just realized that you were asking about Kraft not Hellmann's. Not sure about the Kraft brand, I'm a Hellmann's gal.

Products that are lower in fat often have sugar added to get a richer mouthfeel, so check the label carefully.

I'm not a big fan of Kraft mayo. I do like MWhip though.

Does it taste better than regular reduced fat mayo tho? I can't stand that stuff.... thought I'd give the olive oil a shot.

I read a recipe for fake mayonaise. It is made from silken tofu instead of eggs. I havent tried it. Making mayonaise from tofu rather than eggs just feels a bit weird to me. I cant remember if oil goes in it or not.

Mel

But I think that even low fat mayonaises are generally not low in fat. Just lower than the regular ones.

Maybe after the son#2 goes to college next week and son#1 has moved out (started 2 weeks ago and still moving a carload a week!), I'll get a jar to try. They would be insulted with anything but the usual Kraft Real Mayo. I tried Dukes once since I had a coupon and boy did I hear about the "nasty" mayo! I myself liked Dukes and really didn't taste much difference. They don't care for Miracle Whip either.

I'm a Duke's girl - it's it funny about mayo?? LOL One little product - so much controversy! MW has it's place though.

Lol - yup, it is funny how we all have our mayo loyalties.

It's only been recently that after hearing so much hoopla about Duke's Mayo that I bought some. Never again. Almost made my lips pucker it was so astringent. If I want that sort of taste I can just add vinegar or lemon juice to my good old Hellmann's - lol!!

Yup - I'm a Hellmann's girl. And a "regular" Hellmann's girl - no low-fat or no-fat for me. I enjoy feeling my arteries harden - lol!

That's so funny, I was just about to agree on sticking to 1 little thing...
HELLMANS!!!

I've been using the Kraft Olive Oil Mayo for about 3 months now because it's the only kind I can have and I was really surprised at how good it is. I don't use a lot of mayo anyway, but it tastes pretty darn good in chicken salad.

How funny...I had just bought a jar of Hellman's olive oil mayo last week and have yet to try it ....I've been curious about it since it first came out.

But I'm a hellmans girl all the way and even though I often use light mayo I would rather have regular....but we can't always have what we want now can we!

I don't recall seeing it in the stores here but then I haven't had to buy alot of mayo while the kid is in college. I just saw the Kraft ad but will look for other brands too. While tuition is more than my house payment, I'll have to start with the cheaper brand.

I've never had the Kraft Mayo but I would likely like it because when I make mayo; it is almost always made with an olive oil.

I love big bright grassy green Tuscan oils and do they make some wonderful Mayos. I doubt that the Kraft uses these oils but still the flavor has to be better than these commercial ones made with nondescript "oil".

Oh yeah, of the commercial one I buy, I buy Hellmans although on the west coast it is marketed as Best Foods.

I grew up on Miracle Whip, no mayo ever in the house. I didn't know until about three years ago how big a difference there is. I was making a recipe my SIL gave me and she said use mayo and I immediately substituted MW. I called her and said it was terrible, nothing like hers. She knew the problem without asking and said "I told you MAYO, you used Miracle Whip, didn't you?" Since then I've been a Hellman's girl. I didn't know what I was missing. I like the "Light" but not the fat free.

My question ~ can you taste the olive oil?

Haven't tried the Kraft one, but I have mixed olive oil with mayo and garlic before and it was extremely tasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom