Melon and Chicken salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
When it's hot and I'm pressed to make something for lunch or supper, If I have a chicken breast or two, we enjoy mixing torn up or diced chicken, a little chopped head lettuce, red onion cut in thin rings, some almonds or walnuts,and cubed melon our favorite being cantaloupe, but a green honeydew works as well. I put all the ingredients in a large bowl and chill til dinner time, then dress with either a mayo based dressing or a light honey/lime dressing..Serve with some warm bread or rolls and it looks as if you worked all day:) Get out the ice tea or cold drink of choice and sit back and enjoy a crisp cold salad and rolls..
kadesma:)

kads, when will you adopt me? i don't require much, i pay my own way. my Mom might be upset until you give her a bowl of your chix salad. then she'll GIVE me to you as an exchange fer more yummy food!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

kads, when will you adopt me? i don't require much, i pay my own way. my Mom might be upset until you give her a bowl of your chix salad. then she'll GIVE me to you as an exchange fer more yummy food!:LOL::ROFLMAO:
you're my cyber girl..Mom is not gonna let you go but she might share ya.
:LOL:

kades

she's generous, she'll share. sometimes i figure she'd like to give me away when i get her angry.:LOL:that's be priiiiiiiiiime-time to contact you!!:ROFLMAO:

that aside, i'm gonna try your salas, gotta a beautiful canteloupe & summer weather just making fer that salad!

I did an antipasta type salad, with homemade garlic bread tonight - often a hot weather solution.
But yours would definately make a nice change.

Would you please post your honey lime dressing recipe?
I love dressings with any of the citrus (orange, lime, lemon) as a base.
Thanks for the idea.

I did an antipasta type salad, with homemade garlic bread tonight - often a hot weather solution.
But yours would definately make a nice change.

Would you please post your honey lime dressing recipe?
I love dressings with any of the citrus (orange, lime, lemon) as a base.
Thanks for the idea.
QS,
I just make a mix of honey and fresh lime juice..The last time I made it I used 1/4c lime juice and about 1/2 c. honey..I usually just mix it up in amounts that fit how much salad I make..There are times I just pour them seperatly over the salad..You can mix it up according to your taste..Some like more lime others like it sweeter..Wish I could give you a definite recipe I just wing it most times.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom