What's the best Glazed Salmon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadwarrior

Assistant Cook
I would like very much to learn HOW to glaze salmon and what people think is the best glazed salmon receipe. It may not even be glazed, but the salmon I'm thinging of has a crust on it and is absolutely so incredible it doesn't need any sauce or tartar. Can anyone help? Thank you. Jim

hello jim.

glazes are usually sugary, so the crust you speak of might be that of cooked sugar.

otherwise, i like to blend equal parts dill and basil into butter, then top the salmon with dollops of the herb butter and a dill sprig before placing under a broiler for 10 minutes or so, depending on the thickness. the direct, high heat of the broiler combined with the butter and salmon fat makes a nice "crust" on the surface.

Thank you very much for writing. I'm serious about learning about cooking and I find this site very difficult to navigate. It practically took me a 1/2 hour to get here. I'm serious about this crusted salmon thing. I really appreciate your idea and we will try it, but what I'm looking for was slow cooked in a frying pan on top of the stove. Last night I tried the dill, evoo, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, etc in the frying pan. I did not like the dill and the coating on the salmon just wond up think. What I'm thinking of is more of a crust, but someone told me it may have been a glaze. I don't know which it was, but it was to die for and I'm trying to find it. Thanks for your help. We've also done the cedar planks on the bar-b, salmon covered with brown sugar. That's very good, but I came here to look for the pan fried version of crusted or glazed salmon that you would get in a elite restaurant. Don't care for dill on salmon.

Thai peanut sauce is great on salmon either grilled or broiled. Another great one is to sprinkle with curry powder before cooking. Both are very eary and full of flavor.

Thank you very much for writing. I'm serious about learning about cooking and I find this site very difficult to navigate. It practically took me a 1/2 hour to get here. I'm serious about this crusted salmon thing. I really appreciate your idea and we will try it, but what I'm looking for was slow cooked in a frying pan on top of the stove. Last night I tried the dill, evoo, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, etc in the frying pan. I did not like the dill and the coating on the salmon just wond up think. What I'm thinking of is more of a crust, but someone told me it may have been a glaze. I don't know which it was, but it was to die for and I'm trying to find it. Thanks for your help. We've also done the cedar planks on the bar-b, salmon covered with brown sugar. That's very good, but I came here to look for the pan fried version of crusted or glazed salmon that you would get in a elite restaurant. Don't care for dill on salmon.

what are u doing to get here? seems easy enough to me, let us know so we can help you.

babe;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom