What are you truly thankful for this thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thumpershere2

Head Chef
I'm thankful for my health, friends and family. A roof over my head and food to eat.I'm thankful for all my critters that bring so much joy to us. Also thankful that I remembered to thaw the turkey.

I am thankful for my friends & family(even though I don't sound like it sometimes, I am very thankful for my in-laws), my health, home, that I can put food on my table every day, & last but not least all of you here!

I can't come in here and proselytize. I only know that for me, being grateful is essential. Being thankful is essential. I have so much to appreciate, so many miracles, so many blessings. They are truly too many to mention.

Faith.
The love of the man of my dreams.
A long long marriage.
3 incredible kids.
2 1/2 yummy grand baby's.
Health.
Home.
Vehicles.
Food. Water.
Careers x 2.

...start giving more, expecting less, and enjoying the small things...

I'm thankful my parents paid for me to receive an excellent education. I'm also equally thankful that I live in a blue state and have the financial wherewithal to withstand anything the reds throw at me.

I am also thankful that a health plan that millions of Americans can't afford allowed my father to be cured of cancer and has allowed him to live an active life even though he has chronic heart failure.

I am thankful that I don't have to depend on a retirement system where the businesses and government are now raiding.

I'm thankful that I don't have to depend on Social Security, something that's doomed if things go as planned.

I ma thankful that my wife got pregnant would trouble and that so far everything has gone exactly as expected. I am also thankful for my family and friends and the health of all of them.

I just wanted to add that I am thankful that there are so many caring people on here!! No matter how good or bad my day is going I can always count on comming here & having a smile brought to my face. Thank you all very much!

crewsk said:
I just wanted to add that I am thankful that there are so many caring people on here!! No matter how good or bad my day is going I can always count on comming here & having a smile brought to my face. Thank you all very much!
img_50787_0_279518139c0ccc7c285486066b365e79.gif

I am very thankful for good health, my daughter, loving friends and extended family, and being retired so that I can enjoy it all.

I'm thankful for:

Thankful that God has given me life here on Earth. I'm thankful for the beautiful people he has brought into my life (family/friends). I'm thankful that he gives me the wisdom to turn to him for guideance...........that he gives me the strength, hope and wisdom to turn to him for guidance. I'm thankful for the health and wellbeing of my family and friends.

P.S. I'm thankful that the UPS guy delivered my early Christmas present today and I got to use it tonight (Hobart 4.5 Kitchen Aid Mixer) ;)

I am truly thankful for my two sisters even though I don't see them that much. I am thankful for all of my friends and all my new friends I have come to be quite fond of here on DC. It's nice when it all comes together!!

My son is a true blessing (that one gets stuck coming out every now and then since he's 17 ;) - just kidding - He's a good kid and he still hugs me!! 8)

We don't have this Thanksgiving thingy in OZ, so I will just say that I'm thankful that "Luvs" turned up OK.

I'm thankful for all the 'little' things - a flower in full bloom, sunshine after a rainy day, the look on my kitten's face when he's just waking up, the smell of the ocean when I walk on the beach.

And I'm thankful for the love of a truly awesome man, and my two sons who make me proud to be their mom.

And I'm thankful that I can smile again, after the accident that devastated my son, and changed all our lives. It took a long time for that one, but it's finally happening!

marmalady said:
I'm thankful for all the 'little' things - a flower in full bloom, sunshine after a rainy day, the look on my kitten's face when he's just waking up, the smell of the ocean when I walk on the beach.

And I'm thankful for the love of a truly awesome man, and my two sons who make me proud to be their mom.

And I'm thankful that I can smile again, after the accident that devastated my son, and changed all our lives. It took a long time for that one, but it's finally happening!

What happened to your son?

Back
Top Bottom