We Met Dave Hutchins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Adding to the list of DC members we have met, we met Dave Hutchins for lunch today (well, I guess yesterday, since it is now 1:45 a.m. central time). We had a great time talking, and the food was good. I think we sat and talked about 2 hours.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Dave Hutchins from DC, 8-14-08.jpg
    Dave Hutchins from DC, 8-14-08.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Dave Hutchins, Barbara, and James, 8-14-08.jpg
    Dave Hutchins, Barbara, and James, 8-14-08.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 200
oh, how fun, David always has nice postings..........I'd love to meet some of the forum members, too............yeah, like how many are standing in line to come to Kazakhstan????? Thanks for sharing.........glad that you had a great time........well, maybe in a year we'll be permanently docked in Houston..........

sounds like a great time!
expat I'll be in Kazakhstan as soon as I can figure out how to spell it without looking it up.....
:)

For me Suzie, the easiest way is to remember that "stan" (Uzbekhstan, and the others) means "land" so KZ is the land of the Kazakhs.......the h is silent or you can shorten it to KZ......would love to see you............you just spell Kazak and then add a silent h and then stan..............you might see some weather that closely resembles yours if you come after October......that's usually when the river starts of freeze over........:):)

Cool! Only about 19,95- to go! How many does that make Barbara? Where did you meet?
...........and I don't remember you telling us how you're getting on, with your leg. Hope things are much better.

Thanks for the pics.
Hi, Dave.

Great you met Gramps...I bet you all had a wonderful time...I wish I could have been there with all of you..

kadesma;)

Thanks! We try to be nice people! Debs, we were talking about exactly that, visiting Kazakhstan (hey, your explanation worked--I did that without looking--start getting a room ready for Suzi! lol). Of course the conversation actually went something like, "Of course we will probably have to wait until she is back in the States for a while!"

We were staying at Adventureland Inn in Altoona, Iowa, which is right next to Des Moines, so we met at a truck stop there. Dave and I had the buffett (which was really good, especially the bread, salad, and mashed potatoes and gravy, lol). James had a pork tenderloin sandwich and fries. He let me taste his pork tenderloin and it was tender and delicious.

So far we have met Dave, kitchenelf, Dove, and Raine, and I have spoken on the phone with Alix and Ken (James has talked with them too), Katie E, and babetoo. We exchange Christmas cards with a few others, as well. We will be meeting someone else in a few days, but no details until it has happened. :-p As we get closer to some of the others, I will contact them on here, and maybe we can arrange a quick meeting with some others. I love meeting the people I talk to so much on here. I'm not stopping until I have met you all! LOL

...........and I don't remember you telling us how you're getting on, with your leg. Hope things are much better...
Whoops! I forgot to answer you. Maybe it was a Freudian slip, since it hasn't gone completely away! I did overdo it a little the other day at Adventureland (I can never pass up a good roller coaster or any fast ride! It was all the walking that got to me though.), but we did stop and rest a lot too, and over all it really is much, much better. Still pink, and a little dry and itchy last night. We are getting ready to head back today, so I won't be doing a lot of walking anymore.

Well BL, let us in California know when you're in our neck of the woods. There are several of us here. It's a huge state!:LOL:
I will let you know! It will, unfortunately, be awhile before we get over that way. We had planned on it (for after this trip), but it didn't work out.

Barbara I'm so jealous that you two get to meet other people from here.
It's something I would love to do even though he'd never allow it.
I'm so glad you're having such an enjoyable time. You two really do
deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom