Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's on your bagel? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-on-your-bagel-49224.html)

luvs 08-15-2008 04:04 PM

What's on your bagel?

mine:

-cream cheese & lox
-hummus
-lamanga ricotta cheese
-gream cheese & strawberry jam
-plain

also, what type of bagel?
cheese or sesame or square or Lender's or......

you..

JohnL 08-15-2008 04:25 PM

Guess my fave would be cream cheese and lox,
2nd is plain butter.
Fave bagel is store baked when they're available. I like plain, onion, pizza, poppy seed ect...., but I'm also partial to Lenders egg bagels if fresh isn't available.

GB 08-15-2008 04:33 PM

Mine would be an authentic NY (or even NJ) bagel freshly made and still warm. It would be topped with Jarlsberg cheese, belly lox, white fish, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and possibly a very thin slice or two of red onion. Maybe some sable, nova lox and/or lox spread as well. My first choice would be an everything bagel or sesame, but poppy seed or onion would be a close second.

Andy M. 08-15-2008 04:41 PM

I make my own onion bagels and top them with cream cheese and lox.

babetoo 08-15-2008 05:03 PM

really don't care for bagels so rarely have one. when i do like cream cheese and fruit mix.

babe

B'sgirl 08-15-2008 05:06 PM

Blue berry bagels with inches of cream cheese is my favorite! Or Einstien's chocolate chip bagels.

Andy M. 08-15-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB (Post 665720)
Mine would be an authentic NY (or even NJ) bagel freshly made and still warm. It would be topped with Jarlsberg cheese, belly lox, white fish, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and possibly a very thin slice or two of red onion. Maybe some sable, nova lox and/or lox spread as well. My first choice would be an everything bagel or sesame, but poppy seed or onion would be a close second.

How do you get all that into your mouth to take a bite?

kadesma 08-15-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB (Post 665720)

make that 2 GB:lol:

kadesma

luvs 08-15-2008 05:44 PM

lox sounds prettypopular!!! that's yummy stuff.

pacanis 08-15-2008 05:57 PM

I thought lox was something they used in a canal to get boats to a higher or lower water level..... :wink:
I don't know if we have lox around here, but they do seem pretty popular. It's like a scallion, right?

I rarely buy bagels, because then I have to remember I have them before they frost over (frozen Lenders onion bagels are my choice) and also remember to buy cream cheese, but when I do, just butter and cream cheese for me.

Now if we are talking in your bagel..... geez those McDonalds steak, onion and egg bagel breakfast sandwiches are good :pig: I highly recommend you try one if you haven't. They go down good with a Diet Coke :ermm: