Stuffed mushrooms new Rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Trying this to see what happens, I've taken the stems out of about 2 lbs. of button mushrooms, brushed everything with evoo and put them on a baking sheet caps on one sheet stems on another bake 10 15 min.and into a 400 oven til tender, then put the stems in one dish then take the juices from the caps and reserve,put caps in separate bowl Cool then finely chop the stems, set aside..Lower heat of oven to 350
warm some more evoo about 3 tab or so and some finely chopped garlic in large skillet of med heat. add 1 cup finely chopped baby portobellos and 1 c. finely chopped shitakes and button mushroom stems, 2 finely chopped shallots stir til mushrooms begin to release their juices. add some dry basil and parsley about 3 tea each 1/4 c. dry red wine 2 heaping tab. parmesan or peccorino 2 Tab. fresh Italian parsley 1-c. unseasoned bread crumbs then add 1 large egg off the heat, mix well and stuff into the button mushroom caps a generous mounding, in each cap, put stuffing side up in baking dish, cover with foil bake for about 30 min. remove foil and turn on broiler til stuffing looks toasted..Remove fro oven and enjoy.

kadesma:)

What, no BACON or SAUSAGE????

Seriously, kades, it sounds heavenly!

I'm interested to know how the egg works as a binder - I've never done that.

Lee

:ermm: Did somebody say mushrooms? Did somebody say stuffed mushrooms???:w00t:....Neve met a stuffed 'shroom I didn't love!!!

Now ya gonna make me go back to the store!!!:LOL:

Thanks Miss CJ!!........... Can I put some crab meat in too...

What, no BACON or SAUSAGE????

Seriously, kades, it sounds heavenly!

I'm interested to know how the egg works as a binder - I've never done that.

Lee
Lee the egg was tossed in to give me some extra moisture for the bread crumbs, but I'm wondering if a little melted butter or extra evoo or wine would do the trick?
kades

:ermm: Did somebody say mushrooms? Did somebody say stuffed mushrooms???:w00t:....Neve met a stuffed 'shroom I didn't love!!!

Now ya gonna make me go back to the store!!!:LOL:

Thanks Miss CJ!!........... Can I put some crab meat in too...
Crab meat, humm don't know why not;) Should be yummers

Miss CJ

A little cream cheese is also good :chef: I like milk for moisture in my meatballs - don't see why it wouldn't work here but maybe cream instead?

A little cream cheese is also good :chef: I like milk for moisture in my meatballs - don't see why it wouldn't work here but maybe cream instead?
Thanks Elf, my mind must have been on vacation..Milk or cream would be just the thing..
kades:)

Trying this to see what happens, I've taken the stems out of about 2 lbs. of button mushrooms, brushed everything with evoo and put them on a baking sheet caps on one sheet stems on another bake 10 15 min.and into a 400 oven til tender, then put the stems in one dish then take the juices from the caps and reserve,put caps in separate bowl Cool then finely chop the stems, set aside..Lower heat of oven to 350
warm some more evoo about 3 tab or so and some finely chopped garlic in large skillet of med heat. add 1 cup finely chopped baby portobellos and 1 c. finely chopped shitakes and button mushroom stems, 2 finely chopped shallots stir til mushrooms begin to release their juices. add some dry basil and parsley about 3 tea each 1/4 c. dry red wine 2 heaping tab. parmesan or peccorino 2 Tab. fresh Italian parsley 1-c. unseasoned bread crumbs then add 1 large egg off the heat, mix well and stuff into the button mushroom caps a generous mounding, in each cap, put stuffing side up in baking dish, cover with foil bake for about 30 min. remove foil and turn on broiler til stuffing looks toasted..Remove fro oven and enjoy.

kadesma:)

Kades, sounds good to me as is. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing recipe.

Lee the egg was tossed in to give me some extra moisture for the bread crumbs, but I'm wondering if a little melted butter or extra evoo or wine would do the trick?
kades

I dont use egg, but I do add a little olive oil to bind, it works well & it tastes good too!! I make mine similar to yours but I avoid the sauteing part. I put the onion & garlic(minced or grated) right in with my bread crumbs & other ingredients and then stuff!!! yummy....OK Ive got to get some mushrooms tomorrow!!!:pig:

I dont use egg, but I do add a little olive oil to bind, it works well & it tastes good too!! I make mine similar to yours but I avoid the sauteing part. I put the onion & garlic(minced or grated) right in with my bread crumbs & other ingredients and then stuff!!! yummy....OK Ive got to get some mushrooms tomorrow!!!:pig:
The kids have asked for the mushrooms this weekend, and I plan to leave out the egg this time, although I will saute the shallots and garlic, have a daughter who's tummy won't accept anything that isn't welll done..;)

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom