Dinner, Tuesday Aug 19th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm starting this thread? :ermm:

I am so in the mood for goulash and garlic bread tonight! I'm going to take the leftover sausage mixture I made the other night and add some red gravy to it, along with some pasta shells I had left over. And lots of thick sliced garlic bread, some with butter, some with EVOO, all with lots of raw garlic rubbed on it after it's toasted :)

And you folks?

garlic bread? same here, dh is on this garlic bread kick, can't make enough of it..

pasta salad, roasted potatoes and green beans and garlic bread..oh I see where you gave your method..dh prefers minced raw garlic in warmed butter...you can get more raw garlic that way, rubbing it on toast was not enough!

Well we cheated last night and ended up having a frozen pizza which was rather good. So tonight I believe it will be leftover brisket and/or italian stew. GARLIC bread and what ever else I can dig up!

garlic bread? same here, dh is on this garlic bread kick, can't make enough of it..

pasta salad, roasted potatoes and green beans and garlic bread..oh I see where you gave your method..dh prefers minced raw garlic in warmed butter...you can get more raw garlic that way, rubbing it on toast was not enough!

I like my corn on the cob that way sometimes

I'm starting this thread? :ermm:

I am so in the mood for goulash and garlic bread tonight! I'm going to take the leftover sausage mixture I made the other night and add some red gravy to it, along with some pasta shells I had left over. And lots of thick sliced garlic bread, some with butter, some with EVOO, all with lots of raw garlic rubbed on it after it's toasted :)

And you folks?

Ohhhh goulash sounds really good! Thankfully I have everything I need so I don't have to take a trip to the store.
So...........goulash it is!

I am NOT going to have tomato pie - PERIOD. I guess it will be take-out since I spent too much time on here this morning...ended up with no time for grocery store or cooking and I have to work late. I was REALLY looking forward to a home-cooked meal too :mad:

Wowee I thought I was cross-eyed seeing Pacanis start this today.... that must be SOME craving!!!

It's I dunno day again. I worked this morning so I'm all goofed up. I think tacos sound swell.

I am actually cooking at home tonight because I promised the girls I would...grr...

Doing sesame&citrus glazed salmon, with a Hanoi black bean sauce, chilled sesame noodle "salad" and steamed green beans tossed with toasted garlic and sweet Thai chili sauce.

jake & i decided on meatball sammiches. yum, with provolone. we're not dining on them till like 9:00 tonite. he's working late.

I couldn't resist - today was the last day of Harris Teeter's sale on Alaskan king crab legs for $7.99/lb. I had to go back for two more clusters, so we'll have those, a green salad with fresh garden tomatoes and bruschetta. btw, I made clarified butter, aka ghee, for the first time the other night, for the crab legs. I don't know why I thought it was an involved process - it was very easy.

"Cantonese" style stir fried pork and shiitake mushrooms, with Chinese greens and peppers in simple sauce on the side. And rice, of course.
(Simple sauce is what I call chicken stock, sugar, sesame oil, dash of ginger, dash of red pepper and cornstarch.)

We are having mushroom tortellini with mushrooms, roasted chicken & fettucini sauce, red curry & ginger green beans & sauteed minted carrots.

Easy tonight, having linguine with pancetta, carmelized onions and fresh chopped parsley and tomatoes and a little bit of garlic,ending with some salt and pepper and parmesan...A big platter of fruit and a green salad with tomato,avocado, red onion rings and some warm buttered Italian bread...that's it...maybe some ice cream later

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom