Our Happy Accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Thursday night we were looking for WalMart to get James's medicine, but our GPS got confused (our fault, we thought it was in Schaumburg but it was "next door" in Elk Grove Village) and we never found it. So we decided to find a Mexican restaurant we had been wanting to try. We didn't find it until too late, but someone told us to go try this little place called Asada Express. When we found it, we almost didn't go in, but we were really hungry and their kitchen stayed open until 1:00 (the bar until 3:00, I think). It was all one room, with the bar on one side and tables around the room. As we walked toward it, someone opened the door, and the sound almost blasted us out of the parking lot! We went in anyway, and we were so glad we did. It was a Mexican karaoke bar/restaurant. It was so loud that we had to shout our orders to the waitress and she had to shout for us to hear her. The food was really good, and the entertainment was wonderful! The first song, right after we went in, was in English, and the rest sung that night were in Spanish. I understood just enough of the lyrics to know a little of what most of them were about. A couple of the people singing had great voices. One of the customers came over and told us that they have songs in English too, and to just let her know and she would tell them what we wanted to sing. When we left, she was outside and we talked for awhile. Her name was Tammy (Tami? not sure), and she was so sweet! We talked about music, internet dating, how her dad looked like Julio Iglesias and on a trip to Mexico in the '70s women kept asking for his autograph (he had no idea why until he came home and his family told him)! Thank goodness for happy accidents!

:)Barbara

oh, what a wonderful time!
I think it's great that you're journaling all of this, so when you're home, you can print it all out and remember your great trip!

PS - so neither of you sang?

We're both horrible singers, so no we didn't. We almost considered it though, since none of them will ever see or hear us again! Maybe we should have had a few margaritas! LOL

:)Barbara

Barbara...when I was back there and we were on our way home ( or on our way to South Carolina to see you and James..?..) Elfs GBS became confused..we were on part of the interstate that was new and it didn't recoginize where we were...and neither did we !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom