Eggplant, Prosciutto, Tomato, Mozzarella Sandwich - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
There isn't much cooking involved, but the flavors are amazing. Can't give you exact amounts. I used what I had on hand. I sliced a baguette in half lengthwise, smeared on a combo of pesto & mayo. I sliced a med size eggplant & brushed the slices with evoo, sprinkled with s&P, then grilled the slices on my indoor grill. Then I sliced two med tomatoes and about a pound of mozzarella cheese. Next, start layering the eggplant, tomato, & mozzarella slices & prosciutto on to the baguette. I removed some of the bread from the loaf. You can add some fresh basil leaves in place of the pesto/mayo. I served the sammie with dilled red potato salad & fruit salad for dessert.

Sounds great. Those flavors are right up my alley.

Hope you give it a try. Wanted to mention, re the fruit salad... I've been on a Waldorf salad kick lately. Can't put it down. :angel: I mix chopped apples, chopped celery, grapes, & walnuts together, & made up a dressing of yogurt & honey. Also tried a dressing of lemon yogurt. Just thought I'd throw that in, if anyone would like to try a Waldorf salad.;)

Dilled potatoes? Just boiled potatoes tossed with butter and dill? Or is there something more to it?

Dilled potatoes? Just boiled potatoes tossed with butter and dill? Or is there something more to it?

My usual red dilled potato salad go-to recipe - Scrub and cut baby red potatoes in chunks (skin on), boil till fork tender, drain & cool. Add salt & pepper to taste, fold in diced red onion, mayo and/or sour cream & fresh dill. Place in a bowl & refrigerate till it's nice & cold. Sometimes I add in a squirt of fresh lemon juice.

Posted a bunch of Pesto recipes, & want to try dill pesto, sun-dried tomato, & the artichoke & lemon pesto for the baby red potato salad.

Another red potato salad I like is this Roasted red potato & Green Bean salad (w feta):

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2613/roasted-potato-and-green-bean-salad.asp

If you are not not a huge mint fan, you could add fresh parsley.

Yet another red tater salad I like is called Bistro Potato salad similar to this one:

http://www.britishpotatoes.co.uk/bistro-potato-salad/

Can you tell, I like potato salad? :)

Back
Top Bottom