Sunday Dinner, August 24th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Sunday morning and I'm wandering what I'm gonna cook for dinner.... at the moment... I have no clues.

I know you guys got ideas!!! Lets have em!

I'm still debating. I have some nice chicken breasts (w/ bone & skin) and was trying to decide on whether to BBQ them on the grill or roast them in the oven. I'll wait till the others wake up and get their casting vote.

going easy today .. burgers and dogs on the grill ..
baked beans and coleslaw to go with it ..

I'm having Swimp Creole...rice....bread...maybe salad.
No Bourbon?:LOL: Are you slipping or did you just forget the cocktail?

DW made a Calico Bean casserole to take to the church picnic this afternoon. It will be an afternoon of grazing on all the salads, sides and desserts. Always a culinary experience.

I will go visit my mom for a while this afternoon with my ds. He doesn't have to work today for a change and he requested a seafood night.

Lobster pizza
Mussels in wine/butter sauce w/tomatoes
Chunky bread for dipping
Lake Erie perch (thanks to my fishing neighbor-JoeV) I think I'll use a beer batter.
Coleslaw

Barb

I'm still debating. I have some nice chicken breasts (w/ bone & skin) and was trying to decide on whether to BBQ them on the grill or roast them in the oven. I'll wait till the others wake up and get their casting vote.
casting vote!
I'd wrap 'em in a slice or two of bacon, toothpick 'em, then coat them in miso, fresh grated ginger and fresh grated garlic a little honey, let them soak a bit and toss them in a slowish oven to bake in all that goodness and sweet stickiness.

JoeV said:
No Bourbon?:LOL: Are you slipping or did you just forget the cocktail?

:LOL: Naw...I didn't forget. Sunday dinner at my house is served at noon...so no bourbon that early in the day...However tonight, at supper, a little toddy might be called for....We'll just have to wait and see!;)

Feeling yukky today so I am going to buy stuff to make myself some soup.

Yea, I woke up to DH and his discomfort... he is not feeling very well and it appears last night's dinner did not want to stay. So I'm thinking very light and something bland tonight..... OR... I fix him something light and bland and have myself something that I can enjoy that he does not like.

UGH... so many options!

Leftovers from our very very very good dinner out last night.
The only complaint I had was they gave us way toooo much...no that complaint has gone away since it means I don't have to cook dinner tonight! :)

Doing a traditional family dinner with my not so traditional family....My daughter, my son, his girlfriend (they are moving in together the end of this week), Lou (my boyfriend), my (soon to be ex)husband and his girlfriend, (they are also moving in together at the end of the month).

We're having ravioli (everyone's favourite), meatballs, sausage, bracciole, garlic bread. I've got tons of tomatoes from the yard, so I'll make a platter of all the different types with basil, also from the garden, and fresh mozzarella.

Key lime pie for dessert. Also, chocolate waffles with black raspberry ice cream.

If I feel up to it, I might make pasta from scratch. I want to make spinach pasta, carrot pasta , garlic & onion pasta , tomato pasta among a few kinds. Hubby finally made a pasta drying rack for me.

I have a little bit of leftover lunch from yesterday. Stopped into an Asian resturant & ordered a dish with shrimp, big fat asparagus (chopped on the diagonal), pieces of chicken, slivers of garlic, & slices of carrots - all in a brown sauce. Tried a pork bun (can't think of the name) - sweet fluffy dough with a pork filling. (Finished that one up :pig:). They had barbecued ducks hanging upside down & roast pig. Looked yummy. So... I took out a roasted duck and contemplating what to make to go with. Maybe rice, madarin oranges, & egg foo yung. Oh, there was an amazing Asian market next door with aisles of foods I've never tried or seen, & frozen pkgs of pork buns. Need to go back & do some serious shopping. Happy Sunday all.

Once again we are dining on the kindness of friends. We received a package this morning of a whole roasted chicken with vegetables and spinach salad delivered from some good friends that we just have to heat and serve for dinner tonight.

Once I am fully back on my feet I am going to have to throw a pretty good dinner party to thank all those who have been feeding us so well. Well at least I have lots of time on my hands to plan it!!!!!

Grilled corn on the cob and chicken thighs. I'm not sure how I'm going to cook the chicken thighs yet. I might grill some and pan fry some. If I fry some I'll have mashed potatoes and gravy. If I don't fry some thighs, I'll have steak fries with ranch dressing. Then my only decision is the sauce and the seasoning on the ones I am grilling.
But I know how I'm cooking the corn anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom