Unusual town names in your state

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mich...I hear Hell is on the lower peninsula and Paradise is on the UP, oh you bet you!

Right you are. And a lot of Michiganders have fun with that one. The UPer's think that's the way it is. Living in the U.P. is Paradise and living in the L.P. is Hell. That's debatable. Now, we'll hear from Goodweed of the North, he's a U.Per or Yooper as they're called.
And it's "oh you betcha" but not in lower Michigan. I think that phrase is mostly Minnesota.

Okay Kiss now the land of down under has some pretty off the wall names too lol.

Off the wall ???

Ya aint seen nuffin yet...

Wot about Kickatinalong (thats nounced kick-a-tin-a-long)...Here is one of the finer days in the history of Kickatinalong - Kickatinalong

I digress...I just did a Google for a link to Whykickamoocow (nounced why-kick-a-moo-cow)...

In my Google search I was confronted with a childhood memory. A poem by the absolute great Banjo... Andrew Barton (Banjo) Paterson.

A poem by the Banjo...I think was called Come By Chance. Now, I am pretty sure the town the Banjo wrote about was a town in NSW called Come By Chance. I remember, he writes of Collector, a town about 1 hour drive from me.

I have the complete works of Banjo...So I turn off the photons and turn rather to good old solid paper...Google just is no match for the feel and smell of books!

PS...Will type up and post Come by Chance...maybe tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom