You're drinking a glass of wine, it's midnight, you get hungry, what do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly-anne

Assistant Cook
Sitting here at midnight. Been cooking all day but can't be bothered with what I have left over.
What do you have for a midnight feast with your glass of wine?:rolleyes:

With your wine....home made chocolate chip cookies, of course!
Or what I call "the italian feast"; hot cherry peppers, a hunk of pepperoni, provolone and bread.​

A little cheese, crackers, bread with dipping oil, fruit, olives...whatever is in fridge, I guess. Prosciutto is the BEST!

Last edited:
I changed the title to clarify the OP's question in case the actual post wasn't read. The question is:
What do you have for a midnight feast with your glass of wine?

KitchenSally - I'm with you on the "other glass of wine" :LOL:

I like a wedge of cheese and some granny smith apple wedges with my wine.

Oh who am I kidding...I guzzle the wine and scarf a pile of wavy Lays (crisps for you Kelly anne) with dip.

I'm with Quicksilver here - cheese, bread, hot cherry peppers, etc.

For you milk, peanut butter & jelly folks - with wine?? You obviously didn't bother to read the OP's original question. :LOL:

If I'm still drinking wine, probably a piece of cheese or a cracker. If not,a small dish of plain yogurt with fruit, usually banana.

A glass of wine and nibbles of cheese can never go wrong...

with red wine, I would go with some cubes of parmigiano reggiano, aged pecorino (also lovely with some pear), taleggio or some other alpine hard cheese.

with white, something like brie, camanbert, or quark or some other fresh soft cheese smeared on a crusty bread.

Thanks for letting me know others eat after 7 pm. My doctor tells me it is not necessary to eat anything after t his time. Seems I can't sleep if I don't have something before I fall asleep. Drink wine with the meal so drink before I go to sleep would be considered alcoholic? Doctor also said only one or two glasses with meals. Am I going to the wrong doctor?

I only occassionaly have midnight feasts. If I have them too often I put on weight.
When I do have them I really do them properly. No holding back on calories and nothing healthy. :pig: Things like French fries, chips, chocolate, pizza, Indian take aways........

I only occassionaly have midnight feasts. If I have them too often I put on weight.
When I do have them I really do them properly. No holding back on calories and nothing healthy. :pig: Things like French fries, chips, chocolate, pizza, Indian take aways........

same way I feel, if my doctor is sleeping and doesn't know what I am doing, I just forget what he says for that moment and enjoy, enjoy, the fulfillment of it. I just don't understand how doctors can tell US to lose weight and they sit there being overweight themselves! I just resented my mother's doctor always saying she should lose weight and she lived to be almost 93! Pretty good for not ever being slim!!!!

The olny reason I would ever be up that late these days would be because I was hanging out with friends..... and probably already had so much to drink that food is not appealing very much!

Back
Top Bottom