Doesn't everyone want hot coffee?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peeper76

Cook
I am on my second thermal coffee maker and this one, along with the last doesn't actually keep your coffee hot for four hours....getting very discouraged. i will bring this one back and try a third. Anyone have any suggestions on brands they find really good. Trying not to spend more than a hundred dollars or so. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

why would you want it to last for 4 hours? brew yourself a new pot! coffee's only fresh for about 20 min anyway.

why would you want it to last for 4 hours? brew yourself a new pot! coffee's only fresh for about 20 min anyway.

Coffee put in a thermal carafe will stay fresh for a good 8 hours but only with a GOOD thermal carafe - I've done it and it's just like fresh-brewed.

peeper - I'm seriously thinking about investing the money in a commercial grade coffee thermal carafe. They are expensive but they WORK!!!!!!!!! We used to put coffee in in the morning and 12 hours later it it is hot enough to burn your hand! I wish someone would make one for the home - maybe hold 6 - 8 cups of brewed coffee.

:)Do you preheat carafe with really hot water before you add coffee? I rinse DHs regular thermos with hot water and then put in really hot water until coffee is ready then dump hot water and then put in hot coffee it will stay hot for two days.

JP is right - pre-heat the thermos with very hot (even boiling) water before putting the coffee in and it will stay hot at least all day. I use an airpot that I bought at a restaurant supply house and it works very well. I think it was about $35.

coffee brews best at under the boil, around 190F and your carafe is at room temp so your stored coffee is cooling off fast from the start. If you preheat your carafe, it will stay much hotter. I also find glass thermal carafes better at insulating than SS ones.

alright.....
this thread keeps popping up to the top and it made me start a pot!!
a teeny one, but it sounded so good!!!!!

Oh its no secret... I am a straight up coffee snob and proud of it!!!!

hahahha, you sound like my boyfriend! I'll drink coffee that is just over an hour old, but he brews a new pot for just about every cup he has.

Pre-heating is the solution. I do that when I make the 10 hour drive to visit my Mom. It doesn't have to be an expensive thermos or thermal carafe either, I use two $5 ones that I got at Big Lots. Fill it with hot/boiling water and I let it sit for 15-20 minutes then empty and fill with the coffee. It is still good and hot for the last leg og the drive.

Hot coffee? A luxury I almost never get. It is always somewhat cooled by the time I am drinking it but I really don't mind.

I can't imagine drinking 4 hour old coffee either. I do what Starbuck's does, dump all the coffee after 1 hr. Actually mine gets dumped before that. I want my coffee fresh. I can't stand the smell or the taste of coffee that has been sitting on a hot burner for over an hour. I'm high maintenance. :LOL:

But if you insist on keeping coffee for several hours, I would definitely do the thermos thing.

This thread got me looking for my carafe. I wanted to see if it was glass insert and it is. I preheated it with hot water , then poured the fresh coffee in it. I really don't remember how long it would stay hot but I shall find out today. ;)

I'm so busy at work these days... my coffee is always luke warm before I get to it.
It smells nice sitting on my desk though.
Hot is better!

Our last two pots have been Krupps. They both have had the thermal carafes that keep the coffee hot for at least 4 hours. And when I say hot I mean hot as if it had just been brewed no more than 10 minutes ago. We never pre-heated the carafe, but I have no doubt that if we did then the coffee would have stayed hotter hours longer. I have done that before with other carafes and it really works.

I am not recommending getting a Krupps though. Our first one was great and I would have happily recommended it, but this new one stinks.

As for why anyone would want to keep coffee that long, My wife wakes up hours earlier than me on the weekend. She makes a pot of coffee and has hers. I wake up 2, 3, even 4 hours later and can go and just pour my cup. It takes exactly as if it were made that minute. It is a great convenience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom