Dinner Monday Sept 1, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Crockpot porkchops with tomato soup, salt , pepper, onions, basil in it.
rice, string beans, NYT bread with cheddar in it.
dessert is carrot cake.

grilled pork tenderloin...
baby back ribs ....
grilled foil packet red potatoes ..
some other stuff...
cheesecake for desert...

Meatloaf, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, green salad, either apple crisp or apple/rhubarb crisp and elastic waistband pants!

Got some pork spare ribs sitting in the fridge with a rub on them; we'll smoke them on the grill later. I'm making shrimp ceviche for an appetizer, just because I want some ;) and we'll have grilled corn on the cob and grilled peppers and onions over greens with the ribs.

I'm gonna make chicken from a recipe that claims it is cassoulet, but by no means the true version of it. But it was rather good with bacon, cannellini beans, I add some chopped tomoato to this for extra flavor. Really good stuff! Not sure what else to have with it at the moment... but that is the plan!

I dunno. Ate the BBQ leftovers just now for lunch.
Tacos?

Well between being hung over and eating too too much yesterday I think it may be chicken soup. I also think I've caught a cold. Yuk! Ds is working tonight so DH will be on his own with leftovers.

Barb

Supposed to be the first day of spring today but it feels like the middle of winter so it's comfort food tonight. Mousaka with greek lentil salad.

I'm going to make pulled pork sandwiches from the leftover country ribs from last night, along with some french fries, coleslaw and grilled corn on the cob.

BBq'ed spare ribs and corn on the grill. Probably pop a couple of potatoes on for baked potatoes too.. Yum... haven't had ribs for a while...

Lots of pork today!

We decided on a turkey dinner today, dressing, mashed taters, gravy, mmmmm I cant wait. Starting to smell good in here!

Baked Ham, Baked homemade Mac -n- Cheese, Green Beans and home made Onion Mustard Rolls. Ice Cream.

I am also going to throw a pork butt in the slow cooker for BBQ for another day.

Nice and easy tonight...just salad. Went to a very long parade earlier and had burgers, dogs etc. The weather this past weekend was just perfect here and I loved every minute of it.

salad here as well. gonna add thin sliced flash cooked chicken, sliced hard-boiled egg. olives and parm.cheese on top. found a super good salad dressing. Bernstein's i think. Chardonnay citrus. had some last night and it was very refreshing.

babe:chef:

Now I'm not looking for any sympathy here, but since it is my birthday and nobody offered to cook or take me out to dinner I did as liitle as possible.
I cooked a box of spaghetti noodles, browned some ground beef and poured in a jar of Ragu. That's the closest I could come to not cooking.

My Longs drug stores are all Rite Aides now. Dang.
So without being able to have that special teriyaki sauce to use, I made my own:(using honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple vinegar, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, mango syrup, lime seasoning, molassas, my house seasoning, spring onions, sesame oil. Cut up the hours marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs, and did oven roasted vegs, potaotes/carrots/garlic/peppers with olive oil, house seasoning, rosemary and thyme, sliced bananas with cinnamon sugar over and Nanna's famous cole slaw with tomato points and droplets of Tuscan aged balsamic vinegar. Iced tea.
The home made teriyaki sauce is very good, I'm happy it turned out gooey and sticky and dark.

Attachments

• butterdish and cookbooks 006.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 006.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 173
  • butterdish and cookbooks 007.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 007.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 161
Roasted chicken, mashed taters with gravey, cold beets, corn on the cob, tomatoes, cucs, and darn I forgot the cranberry sauce again.

Back
Top Bottom