Pear dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I had a few ripe pears and needed to use them up. So I peeled, cored and sliced them length wise. Put them all in a skillet with a stick of butter, a cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cinnamon and cooked until the sauce was thickened and the pears were coated and softened. I ate it all in a bowl. :ohmy: :rolleyes: but you can top vanilla ice cream with it , or maybe a cake .

That sounds so good. I hope I might get some more pears and I would try this. I cooked some until they were tender and made a cobbler with them. In fact we had it for lunch and everyone really liked it. I didn't put in cinnamon, but that probably adds a lot of flavor to them.I wish I knew someone who had pear trees and wanted to get rid of a basket or two. We had apple trees that really produced this time and gave to anyone who wanted them. I even dried some in my dehydrator.

Sounds great, LC! I usually poach pears but think I will try this. I have some peaches I need to use up.....wonder if it will work with them.

Maybe try adding sweet mandarines? I am going to do that today probably. Should add a bit of a contrast

Back
Top Bottom