Stir-fried Sweet Potato Leaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaixin

Cook
Stir-fry sweet potato leaf
(vegetable side dish)

Ingredients: A generous double handful of sweet potato leaves

Seasoning: 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of oil (more or less to taste), a little salt
(to taste), ½ to 1 level teaspoon of powdered chicken stock (to taste).

Preparation: cut the stems off the leaves, wash and shake off excess water, chop the
garlic finely.

Cooking: heat the wok, put oil in, put garlic in, stir- fry until the garlic gives off
aroma, put the sweet potato leaf in, stir- fry for six minutes, put the salt
and chicken powder in. Stir-fry gently for 1 minute. Serve on side dish.
Hao Chi.

Thank you for sharing your heartwarming stories and wonderful recipes.

I wonder if anyone in the states knows where I can get the sweet potato leaves Kaixin mentions? Are they just the leaves of sweet potato plants? I use sweet potato vines in my hanging baskets, but I don't think I can eat those!

linguini, Constance and Jill, thank you.

Jill, we grow sweet potato in the garden and just used those leaves. Yours should be OK if they are vines used to grow sweet potatoes and are not just ornamental.

linguini, Constance and Jill, thank you.

Jill, we grow sweet potato in the garden and just used those leaves. Yours should be OK if they are vines used to grow sweet potatoes and are not just ornamental.

Sounds good. No sweet potatoes in the garden this year, but sounds like one to add to the list for next growing season. Can't wait to try your recipes! But tonight, Chinese delivery in the Air Conditioning!

Back
Top Bottom