What to do with leftover stuffing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybee

Senior Cook
What to do with leftover stuffing? Aside from making more gravy to eat with stuffing? Any creative ways to use this stuffing? There's no turkey left. Any recipes for already made stuffing with nothing else of the holiday dinner to go with it?

This is full of carbs, but very tasty. Take about two heaping tbs. stuffing, smashed somewhat flat, and spread Miracle Whip sandwich spread over two peices of whole wheat bread, followed by the leftover stuffing, heat in the microwave until just hot, and eat. This sandwich is very good cold as well. The flavors of Miracle Whip and a good sage bread dressing go so great together. This sandwich is a "must have" item for me on the day after Thanksgiving. Of course, if you have any deli turkey slices, or chicken slices, they would add to the experience, as you are out of the good turkey meat.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

stuffing casserole- use chicken breasts over the stuffing.
or leftover pie-
turkey, potatoes, gravy, peas or corn, sstuffing, and cheese, layered (potatoes on top), and baked at 350 25-30 minutes.

Stradas are wonderful!

Use 4 to 5 cups of stuffing,

spread evenly at bottom of a 9x13 glass lasagne dish,

layer cut up veggies of your choice or a small bag of frozen mixed veggies,

beat 2 cups half and half (or milk) with 6 eggs,

shred 3 cups of sharp cheese - cheddar and parmesan and/or asiago

At this point place the assembled dish in fridge or cold place for at least 2 hours or overnight.

The stuffing can be replaced by any combination of day old breads, crusts, pitas, bagels, you name it! as long as it's all cubed...

You can even choose to include 2 cups of cubed turkey if you have some leftovers.

The veggies can be any of them, you can use broccoli/mushrooms or onion/celery/garlic and sweet peppers.

You can season with any combination of herbs and spices.

Set in refrigerator for eight hours or overnight covered. Take out of referigerator at least 15 minutes before baking time, uncover and let stand at room temperature.

Bake uncovered at 300 degrees for one hour and a half. (or quick bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees)

It's always good!!

Jocelyne

I like the other recipes more than my idea, the pork chops sound marvelous, as does the strata. Thanks for the idea. We will still be in SAlem on Sunday AM for the strata would be a good idea for breakfast.

Here is a recipe that uses stuffing. ;)

Chicken Elegante

2 cups stuffing
1 jar 12 oz. Heinz Homestyle chicken gravy
1 jar (2.5 oz.) mushrooms, drained
2 tablespoons white wine
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1 1/3 cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed

Mix gravy, mushrooms, and wine; set aside. Lightly brown chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Place chicken in 13” x 9” pan sprayed with cooking spray. Top each breast with stuffing, broccoli, and gravy mixture in that order. Cover and bake at 350˚ for at least 45 minutes. Serves: 4

I vote with the stuffed pork chops because it will be a different flavor from the poultry you might be tired of. You can also stuff a flank steak. Just pound it a bit, then roll it around the stuffing, then brown on top of the stove and pop into the oven until the beef is where you like it. Deglaze the pan with red wine, vermouth, sherry, madiera or port. Lots of mushrooms.

I always make tons because my husband loves it (I make a very simple sage/bread stuffing). It's been, what, not even 48 hours since Thanksgiving dinner? I think he's had a bowl, or yes (talk about carbs) stuffing sandwiches for all but one meal (I insisted last night) since then!!! But I agree, it freezes VERY well, and heats up in the microwave best (doesn't dry out).

Oh Claire; How could I have forgotten about a stuffing filled beef Roulade. That is one of my all time favorite meals, with some great beef gravy to put over the top. Absolute Yum!

Thanks for reminidng me. I just might have to make one. :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom