Life hopes, just for some balance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ever since I "grew up" (for me, about age 39!!!) Its been my goal to someday (inevitably) be eulogized with the words "he was a good man"........

My hope is that I can make a positive difference in people's (and animal's too, when possible) lives.

I tried to make a difference in a dog's life the other day. It was at the Motel 6 we stayed at in Pennsylvania before heading for New York. Some people were playing outside and their pitbull was tied up to a pole with no water. It was really hot, and I kept watching, but no one brought him any. A couple of the kids squirted him with their squirt guns once. I was starting to get kind of upset. I finally went over to the oldest one (most were little kids, I think he was around 20), a little worried about bringing it up (he was very muscular and looked like he could get an attitude), but I asked him if that was his dog. He was friendly and he said it was, so I held a bottle of water out and asked if I could leave it with him to give the dog. He said the dog had just had some (I didn't see anything but the water guns, but it is possible), but when I asked if I could leave it with them for the dog anyway, he said sure. Hopefully the dog got the water. I had to try.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom