Apple squares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This recipe is a couple of my favorite recipes put together. The crust is crispy on the edges and is my favorite part of the whole recipe.
Enjoy! Debbie

APPLE SQUARES

img_682950_0_3f2998c411bff24b70d7ac69bc0cc630.jpg

CRUST
2 cup(s) RICE KRISPIES; Crushed.
1 1/3 cup(s) FLOUR
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
2/3 cup(s) MARGARINE; Firm.
1/2 cup(s) MILK; Can Use Evaporated Milk.

FILLING
6 to 7 large (about 7 cups) APPLES; Peeled And Sliced Thin.
1 teaspoon(s) CINNAMON
1/2 cup(s) SUGAR

TOPPING
3/4 cup(s) FLOUR
1/2 cup(s) MARGARINE; Firm, Not A Spread, I Use Nucoa.
1/2 cup(s) SUGAR
_____

In medium mixing bowl, stir together crushed rice krispies,1 1/3 cups flour and salt.
Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add milk and mix until moistened.
Pat dough into the bottom and about half way up the sides of greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
Peel and slice apples and place in a bowl.
Add cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar and toss to coat.
Spread apples evenly over crust in pan.
Make topping by adding 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup margarine.
With a pastry blender or 2 forks mix topping mixture until crumbly.
Sprinkle topping over apples and bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust and topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
_____

That picture gave me chills!!!!!!! :LOL:

OK - I want to try this but I want one of those longer rectangle pans so each piece has some of that wonderful edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S the part that I want to eat! I have these individual pie pans that might just be perfect for this!

Thanks blue!

That picture gave me chills!!!!!!! :LOL:

OK - I want to try this but I want one of those longer rectangle pans so each piece has some of that wonderful edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S the part that I want to eat! I have these individual pie pans that might just be perfect for this!

Thanks blue!

You are welcome! I agree with you, the best part is the crust. Let me know if you try the recipe with the individual pie pans.

I wish I had a slice of this right now!!!

Can you use sticks of butter instead of firm margarine....tell you the truth I have no idea what firm margarine is...??

Was just looking thru some recipes as to what to make..got the answer! These look sooo scrumptous! Can't wait to make them, especially the crust. Creative idea with the cereal! Thanks for sharing this, Ol-Blue!!!

I'm a "hardly ever eat dessert" person. I get so filled up on
the main part of the meal, I don't have room.
BUT THIS! OMG!, Ol-blue. I will make and eat this.
I love anything apples and cinnamin. And the crispy
part just looks over the top!
Thanks!

deelady, I'm sure you can use butter. Firm margarine is margarine that is refrigerated and not at room temp.

chilichip, I like to use any tart apples. I used Gravenstein apple for this.

sattie, Hope you enjoy!

Queen-Guinevere, I have a few recipes that I use the cereal in, it makes a nice crust. Enjoy!

You are welcome bandonjan. Enjoy!

quicksilver, I'm sure you will like this.

deelady, I'm sure you can use butter. Firm margarine is margarine that is refrigerated and not at room temp.

Queen-Guinevere, I have a few recipes that I use the cereal in, it makes a nice crust. Enjoy!.

Ol-blue, made this, and, deelady, I used butter cuz I'm not a margarine person! WOW!!! The crust was crunchy, most definitely, and what a wonderful idea to use cereal for a crust!!! While these would be great for "anytime", I have been enjoying them for breakfast! They freeze well, too!

Would like to hear about some of your other recipes with cereal in them, Ol-Blue!

Thanks for sharing this one!

Ol-blue, made this, and, deelady, I used butter cuz I'm not a margarine person! WOW!!! The crust was crunchy, most definitely, and what a wonderful idea to use cereal for a crust!!! While these would be great for "anytime", I have been enjoying them for breakfast! They freeze well, too!

Would like to hear about some of your other recipes with cereal in them, Ol-Blue!

Thanks for sharing this one!

You are welcome. I will get the other recipes to you soon.

Back
Top Bottom