Fresh coconut- I don't want to waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i snack on my coconut, cept i can only consume so much coconut.
i'm not clear on cooking with fresh coconut or baking.
advice would be appriecated greatly.
thanks!!!

I believe you can freeze it easily......

also I have a great cookie recipe called coconut clouds if you want it?

Puree it into milk and use as a marinade for fish. I'll search for the recipe and post it here soon. You can also make a awsome coconut rice pudding with the coconut milk.

i'll freeze half, & dina, with a tad of curry paste, i see coconut fish soon!!! thakns!!

Coconut Clouds

I was given this recipe by an old co-worker from a cookbook she has but I just found the same one online so I'll give the link (see I learn KE!!:blush:)

these are super moist and yummy! Enjoy!

Coconut Clouds

Heres one for a bar....

Rhaspberry Bars

Bars:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
2 lg eggs
1 T milk
1/2 cup raspberry jam

Topping:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (1/2stick butter) melted
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut

prehear oven 350. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
To prepare bars, in a lg bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the chilled butter into the flour mixture until course crumbs form.
Using a wooden spoon, stir eggs 1 at a time, into the flour mixture.
Add milk and stir until a soft dough forms.
Spread dough evenly into prepared pan, pressing with finers to cover bottom completely. Spread jam over dough.
To prepare topping, in a med bowl mix together the sugar and melted butter, stir in coconut, spread evenly over jam layer.
Bake until topping is lightly browned, 30 mins. transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into bars!

Enjoy!

Coconut Clouds

I was given this recipe by an old co-worker from a cookbook she has but I just found the same one online so I'll give the link (see I learn KE!!:blush:)

these are super moist and yummy! Enjoy!

Coconut Clouds

sound great, may hafta store more coconut!!!

Puree it into milk and use as a marinade for fish. I'll search for the recipe and post it here soon. You can also make a awsome coconut rice pudding with the coconut milk.

I'd puree it into milk too. I love using coconut milk for sauces as a replacement for cream or milk. Or add in a little bit of green curry paste and fresh taragon, its great over salmon or seafood crepes :)

I just watched Alton Brown and he was eating some coconut pies. He hinted about the ingredients and I think I may have to try it.

Basically, roll out a piece of pastry dough, say 8"x10" rectangular. Into that was placed a coconut mix. this was one of his road food things so he wasn't cooking.

He figures along with the coconut(quite a bit) some almond extract, and sweetened condensed milk was added making a thick mixture. It was piled onto the dough which was then folded over and sealed on itself then baked.

I think a bit of cinnamon would work well in with it too.

I just watched Alton Brown and he was eating some coconut pies. He hinted about the ingredients and I think I may have to try it.

Basically, roll out a piece of pastry dough, say 8"x10" rectangular. Into that was placed a coconut mix. this was one of his road food things so he wasn't cooking.

He figures along with the coconut(quite a bit) some almond extract, and sweetened condensed milk was added making a thick mixture. It was piled onto the dough which was then folded over and sealed on itself then baked.

I think a bit of cinnamon would work well in with it too.

:) Sounds like a coconut macaroon in a crust. Yummy!

Spicy Coconut Chutney

Puree with green chilies, roasted peanuts (1:2 ratio), tamarind extract, and salt to taste.

Leave a note if you want a detailed recipe

Back
Top Bottom