Making Supper for Barbara L and James

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
on Sunday, September 21st...OK - I'm thinking beer butt chickens and burgers

Potato salad or my mom's macaroni salad (or both)? I know it's two starches but this is a cookout - it doesn't count!

I don't really want baked beans - anyone have a better suggestion?

What else should I make? Oh please, don't anyone suggest I bake anything :blush:

of course a meal with James couldn't go without a homemade "maidrite", could it?;)

Try this (seee how well I can do that now!) and tell me how it is.... :)

I want to make it next week, when I can afford the gallon of cream!!!

on Sunday, September 21st...OK - I'm thinking beer butt chickens and burgers

Potato salad or my mom's macaroni salad (or both)? I know it's two starches but this is a cookout - it doesn't count!

I don't really want baked beans - anyone have a better suggestion?

What else should I make? Oh please, don't anyone suggest I bake anything :blush:
Elf, how about an antipasto platter and before all the wonderful fruit goes south make a platter of grapes, melons..If you can find an orange flesh melon, you will be in for a treat,now add some peaches and nectarines, then sprinkle with honey and lime juice...The menu is perfect as is :)
kades

I am drooling so much in anticipation that I'm afraid that I will drown in the car before we ever get there!

:)Barbara

Since you have your chicken & beef, I would go with grilled veggies, a beautiful green salad, and (apple) coleslaw. How about grilled asparagus, onions, portobellas, zukes, tomatoes with marinated artichoke hearts, etc., or a cucumber/onion/tomato salad. Saved a pic, but not the recipe, for a grilled & chilled veggie antipasti. You'll need something to wash it all down ;) - how about strawberry & white wine sangria. Dessert - fresh fruit, poundcake & ice cream.

I'm keeping out of this (I will love anything KE makes!), but I have heard that mushrooms go with everything. :angel:

:)Barbara

psssssst, k.e. - Barbara told me that she loves baked beans. She ordered them at Boston's Durgin Park but was disappointed in them (I was, too). WAY too much molasses and not cooked long enough.

Embarrassing, since they are a tradition in these parts!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom