Dinner, Friday September 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I'll start us off early today....

It is leftover night here.. everyone has a choice of either cottage pie from last night or porkchops stuffed with cranberry stuffing from Tuesday.

Will make salad to go with.

Gotta work today...
I think I will pick up some buns on the way home and have hot dogs, beans, and slice up the red pepper that is about to get ugly.

This IS early! I am not sure who is home or how much I will feel like cooking (physio today)so not sure yet. Think I will watch the posts and see if I can get some ideas (or find somewhere to go and beg for dinner!).

Lou got 4 stitches in his mouth yesterday while hanging out in the dentist's office. Just goes to show you that you can always come out a winner when you stop by for some drilling and scraping.

Cocktails may be stronger than usual this evening. Although, I wonder if that's actually possible since we rarely use mixers. I think it's a tequilla manhattan night.

Trying to keep the appetizers soft was trickier than I'd expected.

I've got chilled shrimp with mango basil aioli.

Steamed baby yukon gold potatoes stuffed with cheddar mousse.

Endive leaves stuffed with a spinach mousse and topped with carmelized yellow beets (very tiny dice).

Ladyfingers topped with nutella and honey.

Vera, those appies sound delicious, specially the potatoes with mousse and the spinach and beets. I am sure Lou will really appreciate the effort!

I'm going to try making a vegetable lasagna with very little cheese (I'm almost out).

After the thread about mushroom swiss burgers, I got a hankerin. So I will be doing burgers tonight. Mushroom swiss for me, plain for DH. Also picked up the stuff for Oklahoma caviar and got some tortilla chips. That should do for tonight.

I was lucky enough to pick up some really good looking ribeye steaks yesterday and I have some baby bella mushrooms in the fridge. Guess I'll start with those and see what happens.

I'm going to try making a vegetable lasagna with very little cheese (I'm almost out).

Try a white sauce/cream sause for the veggie lasagna, I think it goes better than a red sauce and I don't seem to use as much cheese with the white.

Back
Top Bottom