New instrument i need to learn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the sound from this guy. To bad i cant get my guitar to sound this.

You can with a guitar synthesizer, but they are kinda pricey and require a special pick-up you have to mount on your guitar. A cheaper solution would be a reverse delay sound, or a volume pedal that can approximate string swells.

You could also get an ebow that can simulate string sounds on a guitar.

You actually have a few options available.

You can with a guitar synthesizer, but they are kinda pricey and require a special pick-up you have to mount on your guitar. A cheaper solution would be a reverse delay sound, or a volume pedal that can approximate string swells.

the gr20 gk3 setup but im not to sure if i can use the violin synth with a distortion setting on me amp.

ebow would be tough to do faster picking songs though. Like sweet child of mine because you have to move the thing all over the place BUT it is an option. Goin to guitar center today to check it out. thanx for the info

Jeeks! Do you play the violin?!?

And I just want to say that no synthesizer or ebow can accurately imitate the sweet sound of the strings and an authentic vibrato. I had to say that to defend my instrument--I actually play the violin, but not nearly as well as the fellow in the video!

And I just want to say that no synthesizer or ebow can accurately imitate the sweet sound of the strings and an authentic vibrato. I had to say that to defend my instrument--I actually play the violin, but not nearly as well as the fellow in the video!
correct BUT i thought you played jazz guitar? or do you play both?

My really good friend dave tolk has an awesome violinist in his group.

MySpace.com - David Tolk - SANDY, Utah - Acoustic / Folk / Healing & EasyListening - www.myspace.com/davidtolk

listin to "to the limit" he played this for the 02 winter olympics

B'sgirl. do you give lessons? I really really wanna learn either piano or violin. I need something new besides guitar. I have 5 of them and i just need something else that i can make cool music with.

That's a cello.

I'd like to learn someday. I try to pick things up on my own until I read that you can damage your wrists if you don't have proper form or posture. I dunno, a starter set and a DVD works for me.

....maybe over the winter.

I love the shape of the silent (electric) ones. Looks like a sculpture.

That's a cello.

I'd like to learn someday. I try to pick things up on my own until I read that you can damage your wrists if you don't have proper form or posture. I dunno, a starter set and a DVD works for me.

....maybe over the winter.

I love the shape of the silent (electric) ones. Looks like a sculpture.

the EV205 by Yamaha is an awesome violin because it has a low C note from the viola. So they mixed them both together to give you an amzing sound.

The cello sounds awesome if played with certain types of musak

just for jeekins

YouTube - MVHY Stringfever Bolero
YouTube - Classical Gas for electric cello and guitar

i know its not the same cello but its electric

Of course not...I was just offering suggestions on how to get string type sounds out of a guitar.

B'sgirl. do you give lessons? I really really wanna learn either piano or violin. I need something new besides guitar. I have 5 of them and i just need something else that i can make cool music with.

lol. I have in the past, by request, but you really don't want me teaching you. I quit lessons in high school and just played in the orchestra. In college I took lessons for one semester and then switched my emphasis to jazz guitar (yes, I play both). Then I changed my major from music to early childhood education and didn't play again until this past year when I joined my community orchestra. No auditions required, and I sit in the back of the second violin section. All you would learn from me is bad technique and a lot of music theory--which is what I'm good at. Plus it would be a two hour drive for you (I'm not hauling my kids to Sandy ;)). But if you ask the local high school or college music teacher I bet they could hook you up with a good private teacher. Or ask at Summerhays or Kieth Jorgensen.

Oh, and speaking of jazz guitar, LT, Here is some awesome music by some of my favorite performers (not the best recorder, but if you get it on their CD it is truly amazing). If you can get to the end of the 6 minutes you'll see some real quality playing.

And here is a recording of Pat Metheny. I played this particular guitar solo at a jazz festival in California--I transcribed it by ear. And I totally flopped the performance because I was so nervous. lol. Good thing my husband has helped me overcome the nerves thing. Anyway, this is a bit too much in the "elevator music" for some people, but the musicianship and rhythms are amazing! It's in 10/8 +12/8 time signature with a bit of 8/8 thrown in there.

Kieth Jorgensen.

I know his family. Dave jogensen is on a mission at the moment but he is an amzing piano player. Toured with boston pops and what not. I just saw them this last sunday. Speakin of that i need to write dave.

yeah a 2 hour drive for lessons is not cool. I know basic musin theory such as scales and modes. Im studying chord construction and harmony right now. Circle of fifths drives me up a bloody wall because no one has been able to tell me how it works. The order of sharps and flats is easy for sharps but flats is a lil harder.

B
E
A
D
G
C
F no sharps or flats. so this scale is a C major

B
E
A
D
G
C
F# half step above this is G so the scale of G major has one sharp

B
E
A
D
G
C# half step above this is D so the scale of D major has two sharps
F#
Thats how i learned scales and key signatures. I think this is right

It works for me. Differnet scales such as medloic minor and all is weird to me because i have not studied it. I do not know how to read music but i dont need to to write my own. i should record some stuff for you one day.

not a fan of ovation guitars becasue of the curved back. Im into flaminco playing.

i have paco delucia's book actually

Back
Top Bottom