Freezing Question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
I just bought a large bag of baby bell peppers (red, orange and yellow) from Sams club, and of course I will not be able to eat them all before they go bad, but I bought them anyway because I knew you guys can help mme!! Am I able to just put these whole in a freezer bad and freeze them or how should I go about it if not??
Thanks for any suggestions!:)

You can roast them, like roasted red peppers, then freeze in plastic storage bags. I roast them by coring, halving and seeding them, then laying them on a baking sheet and flattening a bit. Broil for 8 minutes, then remove peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam for 15 minutes, so the skin will peel off easily. Peel, place in plastic bags, squeeze out as much air as possible, and freeze. Then you can use them in any cooked recipe calling for roasted peppers. I did this just this morning with a couple pounds of Anaheim peppers. HTH.

I always just chop and throw in a zip lock bag raw, they are perfect to cook with but not good in a raw dish. I have saved lots of peppers that way and very handy to have in freezer.

My husband is in charge of roasting peppers of all kinds. He puts them under the broiler until they blister (or, if we're cooking out on the grill). When they are good and blackened almost, he throws them in a bag and lets them sit until they are at least room temp. then he peels and cores them and I freeze them. Except when he's making harissa, then he seasons and mixes them. I'm in charge of freezing.

Back
Top Bottom