Ghosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Well, this is the time of year when everyone starts to think about ghosts for Halloween? There is some kind of celebration that goes on in someplace in the world but I would rather not be part of it. However, I do like the fact that people dress like some other character and get some kind of prize for it. Really shows how people can really change their appearance. The video Thriller with Michael Jackson was so outstanding and I certainly won't forget that.

Last night I was home alone watching tv. I went to bed but do not fall asleep right away. List en to show Coast to Coast which some of you are familiar with. George Nourey had someone talking about spirits and Life After Death book he wrote. Was interesting and when this guest went off, I turned off radio and fell asleep. i know it was after one and I woke up to the tv blast ing in the other room. I thought somebody came home and turned it on but left the volume up and I couldn't sleep. I got up to tell whoever it was and do you believe the tv was on with no one else in the house except the dogs? Could someone from out side turn on my tv? I have heard some crazy stuff but this isn't fair. After I turned it off it did not come on again. Never has this happened before. Now do I have to worry that it may come on again when I leave the house? Just kind of odd when I was listening to person speaking of spirits and this happened. I am sure my house isn't haunted yet.

thanks for your thoughts.

My home..."Twin Oaks" is haunted...The ghost name is "Aunt Jane"....She spends most of her time upstairs in the room where she died...I have seen her twice, heard her dozens, and dozens of times over the years...Three times in a very, very dramatic fashion...She takes her roaming around by spells...lately she has been on the quite side...

I'm a wus when it comes to things like that.

Yeah, I don't listen to C to C now but I used to listen to Art Bell nightly some years ago. I loved his show but some people that came on his shows were downright wackos.

First off, let me qualify what I'm about to say-I have been a huge C2C fan since the mid 90's (the Art Bell era) Shadow people, Chupacabra, alien abduction,remote viewing and time travel-and the list goes on.

With all that, I still believe that there is almost always a reasonable explanation for things that seem to defy logic. However, when I look up at the night sky, (I am an avid amateur astronomer) and realize that we really have no idea how big the universe is, or how it all started. Regardless of what the "experts" say, its all theory and speculation-period.

Given the vastness of time and space, we would have to be pretty danged arrogant to believe that we are "it". I mean think about it. Look at the way things in the world are today. We slaughter each other in the name of religion, we treat mother earth like our own personal dumpster-for gods sake we invented, and then mass produced, the AMC Pacer!! Are we really the most intelligent beings in the universe??

ITK, there are things that go bump in the night. And more often than not, thats all that they are. Personally, I believe there is more, but thats just me. As far as your TV goes, there are probably dozens of reasonable scenarios that can explain it away.

Now if your walls start to drip blood you might want to call a Priest!!:LOL:

I love to star gaze as well. Every time I look at the Andromeda Galaxy among other objects I often wonder to myself I'm looking at an image of an object that was 2.5 million years ago, not 2.5 million years old. But by the time the object reaches your eyepiece it is now 2.5 millions years older than what your actually seeing. It's just incomprehensible to imagine how much bigger the Universe is.
I believe there are civilizations out there so much more advanced than we are.....perhaps millions of years ahead of us.

Thanks for your thoughts. At least no one thought I was a 'wacko'. Uncle Bob you have actually seen this lady? Could you describe? What do you think happened that she hangs around the house yet? Think she was murdered there? That is what they say, someone lost their life at place where they haunt.

Also, smoke king, I agree about not being the only 'ones'. I never called priest yet but all the angels I have around don't you think should be a kind spirit or form of act?

This is something I don't like to remember but I will tell that one night when I went to bed the whole room was lite up like light on the ceiling. I could see everything and i had just t urned off the light. I thought car outside the window but nothing. then it happened again this week. I cannot see in the dark normally but this had a bright light in the room and was next to the bed. Since I was alone again, I could not do anything about it so just said my prayers and went to sleep. When I woke up about 3 that night (normal) It was gone. Just happened recently and i wasn't listening to radio. As you said, I don't think we are alone but why do 'they' want me to notice. Never saw a ghost in the house yet.

I do love to listen to the program better than watching dumb tv sometimes unless 24, Prison Break, Fringe, Kitchen Nightmares only ones I think are really entertaining. Think its worth it to have cable when i only seem to watch regular shows?

Thanks again for all your thoughts. Family t hinks I am strange anyway.

I have always ascribe to possibility of ghosts. If one believes in a life after death, angels, etc. then why not ghosts? I have never personally experienced anything ghostly. As far as the TV goes, there is always a possibility that someone with a strong remote or other garage door opener type of thing that triggered the sensor on the TV. I am always skeptical about ghosts turning electronics on and off. You should watch Sci-Fi channel sometimes. GhostHunters is pretty good about trying to debunk hauntings. They have captured voices and images that are difficult to explain but they do try to figure out a "real world" reason for the phenomenon before saying it's paranormal. You might also like Mary Roach's book "Spook". She looks at a lot of things including near death experiences and talks with scientists. Very interesting.

There used to be this lamp in my baby's bedroom, which we rarely used. One night after we had gone to bed, I got up to go to the bathroom and noticed the lamp was on. I asked DH if he turned it on and he said no. We were freaked out and sure someone was in the house. DH went around searching and found no one. In the morning we discovered that there was a short in the outlet and when I had thrown something in the laundry basket it had jostled the cords so that it fixed the short but I was around the corner by then.

Any chance there is a short in the wiring for your tv?

B's girl if you find the source or reason for strange things happening you can sleep at night. Now i know this creep that runs around my house at night is really considered wacko. I have talked to police but if I can't have proof, like ghost, than they can't do anything. He is person who is not in the least bit attractive. Reminds everyone of a pig. Sorry to comment about one's appearance but if you run into him at night, I would not blame you if you couldn't sleep. I just try to keep the doors locked and hope he doesn't do something than what he does now. Been doing this for long time. Doesn't say a word to me when I am outside in the daylight. Talks to no one.

I cannot give up my program Coast to Coast. Just recently found out George Nourey has home in St Louis and goes to West Coast for the show. Guess he does what he has to do.

Just hope the tv doesn't act up tonight. If so, hope somebody is in t he house tonight. They go out at odd hours around here. Never before 9 at night. I am just old and don't like to be out of the house at that time.

I often see and feel animal ghosts. I was at my aunt's house and in the middle of the night a wonderful wet nose nudged me awake. I looked at him and he just wanted a hand. I raised my hand and he licked it and went away. The next morning I just though Casey, my aunt's yellow lab, had gotten out of the room. I asked and she said no. I then asked if Hawken was black. He was and had died and was buried outside the house where we were. He was just lonely and all the people there had him looking for some love.

Yes ~ I believe in ghosts. I've experienced many. I'm in my new house tonight and we'll see if there are any here.

:) I believe in ghosts hve had some experience however I think Ghost Hunters is a bunch of bull. Anybody can get big eyed and yell OMG did you feel that?

I live in an old house (155) in an old town in a historic district, so people are always asking me about ghosts. I have been asked many times if I have ghosts. I don't think I do, but have house guests who insist that I do. When I first moved here I had "ghost scents" -- I could smell someone walking down the hall with a cigarette. I've never smoked, hubby hasn't in our 27 years together, and neither of my neighbors do. It was a cigarette (not stale cigarette smoke). The other was cedar, it smelled just like a newly opened cedar chest. I lost a lot of my sense of smell with menopause, and don't smell them anymore. I'm not sure if my ghost deserted me or if I just can't smell him/her any more.

Anyone else a big Ghost Hunters fan on the Sci Fi channel? They have caught some pretty strange things.

I know where there's a haunted house in WY, with a benevolent departed resident. Here's a picture of it!

My mother loved gardenias. I don't have any of them anywhere around my house, or my neighbors. There have been times when I smell them in my house and I think of Mom. My sister had an experience in her previous home where she and hubby were in the family room, the kids were in bed (infant and 2 yr old). Hubby saw a woman walk through the kitchen. When they went to check it out, all the cabinets and drawers were open. No one else in the house. Also a couple of years later, her daughter was around 3 yrs old and was playing candyland with my mom. her daughter started talking about her house caught on fire and described the fire that burned part of the house my grandparents lived in. My mom was small when it happened and only had vague memories and hadn't told any of her own kids about it. During the same game, my mom said something about candyland being one of her favorite games and my niece replied "yes, I know. We used to play it all the time when you were little." Mom was convinced that her own mother was communicating through her granddaughter.

my place may be haunted. i live in an old apartment between 6th ave & broadway in manhattan's west village. i've heard a few eerie noises but i suppose it could've been someone messing around on the fire escape. i asked the landlord and he had no idea so who knows... :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom