Cappuccino Cupcakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Cappuccino Cupcakes

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 large eggs
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 heaping tbsp instant coffee or expresso powder
3 - 4 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 and line 12 cup muffin tin with papers

Put all the ingredients except the milk into a food processor and pulse until completely blended. Pulse again, adding milk through the tube to form a smooth batter (do not process too much).

Spoon evenly into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the centre comes clean with a toothpick.

Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to continue cooling.

Frost as desired or sprinkle with a mix of icing sugar and cinnamon while still warm.

Last edited:
Those sound so goooood.

And I have everything except for the flour! Someday though, I"m going to pig out!

Those sound so goooood.

And I have everything except for the flour! Someday though, I"m going to pig out!

You can make your own self rising flour

One cup self-rising flour equals:
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, plus
1/8 teaspoons salt

woo hoo!
finally!
thanks laurie, I promise I'll get the cranberry ones up tomorrow.

That does sound good, doesn't it?
And all I need to get is:
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder

Oh, and a food processor :LOL:

But this recipe does have me thinking..... I can almost taste them!

I am sooooooo making these this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you think it will be with a crmb topping?? Would it go with it?

Thank you so much for the recipe, sounds delish!

That does sound good, doesn't it?
And all I need to get is:
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder

Oh, and a food processor :LOL:

But this recipe does have me thinking..... I can almost taste them!

Well, you did buy a stick blender for one recipe, why not go for it and get the food processor for this one! :cool:

Wow Laurie, you've got Pacanis almost baking cupcakes now! :chef:

Well, first I need to see what the difference is between a food processor and a food mill, which I was just reading about in another thread.....
But I already have cupcake/muffin pans ;)

Or make small batches :LOL:

Do you have a blender? That would probably work but a food mill wouldn't because it strains the food through.

Could you just use a whisk Laurie?
(haha question mark again!)

Do you have a blender? That would probably work but a food mill wouldn't because it strains the food through.

Thanks for telling me that. i was looking at some at Amazon and they sure seemed like they do the same job as a FP, just not electric.

I have a blender around here somewhere. Probably sitting in the same place a FP would if I got one. :LOL:

I guess you could if you have enough arm power!
Laurie,
these are perfect for all the kids at pre school...Tuesday will be a fun day for Carson, Ethan and Olivia.. I'll let each one take some...
Thanks
kades:cool:

Are you sure the coffee in them wont have them wired all day??:w00t2::w00t2: You just might get a call from their teacher!!:LOL:

Yes, they do have a pretty strong coffee flavour! I made them for the last wedding I did and the bride worked at Starbucks. All her co-workers said they would be a real hit there because they tasted just like a Starbuck cappuccino!

I'm hoping it's OK to ask this here. It seemed silly to start a thread in the appliance section and then copy and paste this recipe...

Will a 4 cup capacity mini food processor make this?
I don't know if 4 cups is the total food and liquid the FP will handle, or merely the size of the container and you aren't supposed to fill it to capacity.

Thanks

Here's my thought.
Most regular sized food processors are 8 cup.....
you could halve the recipe, since it's just you anyway....
But looking at it I think the 4 would work....
Pretty sure they mean total 4 cups of stuff you can put in there.
I'll make them tomorrow and see.
:)

Halve the recipe? The ingredients don't add up to four cups, or do you lose some "processing power" in the smaller processors?

Thanks Suzi

Hmmmmmm, now I can't decide whether to frost them with coffee frosting or chocolate frosting (I'm huge on mocha!)

Thanks, Laurie!

Lee

Halve the recipe? The ingredients don't add up to four cups, or do you lose some "processing power" in the smaller processors?

Thanks Suzi

ummm.... I dunno. I dont think so. Never had a problem with using small amounts in the big processor.... ok except for wasting the space in the dishwasher....
:ermm:
now I gotta see what the volume is when I make a full batch... I may just heat the oven up now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom