Sunday Dinner - 9/21/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I think I'll throw some wings and steak fries on the grill. Make the sauce on the hot side to enhance a cold beverage or two.... Looking forward to a good game tonight from the 'boys and the packers and finger food sounds good :)

And you???

I am making my own tortillas (thanks to TanyaK's post) Not sure of what the fillings will be but I know I want lots of them.

I'm marinating lemon chicken right now, not sure what to make as sides since we had rice last night and I only have 1 potato left :ermm:

But for the chicken I used... lemon zest, lemon juice, evoo, basil, oregano, sumac, s&p.

Potatoes.... if there's one thing at the grocery store I wish they would sell in a different size, it's potatoes. 5 lbs I run out too quickly, 10 lbs I have some go bad. I need a 7-8 lb bag. That would be perfect for me.
You read it here first :LOL:

I never buy the pre-bagged potatoes, I always just pick my own. But obviously I need to pick more next time!!:rolleyes:

have a buddy coming over to watch some football and have a beer or three ...
so .. smoking baby back ribs .. smoking a meat loaf .. tuna pasta salad ...
baked beans .. corn on the cob .. mac and cheese .. and some kind of bread ..
also .. using sweet baby rays vidaila (sp) onion bbq sauce .. tried it the other night ...
its really tasty ..

Going to make quesadillas from the rest of last nights pork roast.

Baking a spiral ham with a honey glaze, scalloped potatoes, and steamed cabbage.

deelady - I just bought a 10 lb bag of potatoes, let me know if you need any ;)

DH's special birthday was at the end of August and because of my two surgeries we haven't been able to celebrate. So, tonight we are going out for Wing night at a local restuarant. We usually get 3 kinds and a large Caesar to share.

It will be so nice to get out of this house!

I think I'll throw some wings and steak fries on the grill. Make the sauce on the hot side to enhance a cold beverage or two.... Looking forward to a good game tonight from the 'boys and the packers and finger food sounds good :)

And you???

How do you make steak fries on the grill? :cool:

Baking a spiral ham with a honey glaze, scalloped potatoes, and steamed cabbage.

deelady - I just bought a 10 lb bag of potatoes, let me know if you need any ;)

Dave, I was up early this morning with my leg and I was watching Paula Deen - don't watch her often but one of the menu items intrigued me. She made a peanutbutter glaze for the ham. I still can't get my tastebuds around it. It had honey, chicken stock, peanutbutter, garlic and soy sauce an mixed in a blender!

Dave, I was up early this morning with my leg and I was watching Paula Deen - don't watch her often but one of the menu items intrigued me. She made a peanutbutter glaze for the ham. I still can't get my tastebuds around it. It had honey, chicken stock, peanutbutter, garlic and soy sauce an mixed in a blender!

Hmmm it does sound intriguing....one of those recipes that will either be really good or really bad. :cool: I'm takin it easy and using the galze packet that came with the ham. It has been a long day and I'm just not up to making my own glaze tonight.

So what 3 types of wings are you going for? I'm strictly a Buffalo wing fan. :pig:

I've only tried three of her (PD's) recipes and didn't like any of them. I'm more skeptical than intrigued about putting peanut butter on a perfectly good ham. But I'm definitely interested in the outcome if anyone here tries it.

Suzi, I don't know if they are true "steak fries", but I often cook potatoes sliced in half on the grill in a foil pan with butter and EVOO, and seasoned well. They come out like baked potatoes with a little color to their two sides. I've posted a pic or ten here before ;)
So, in lieu of my deep fryer's grease needing changed and me being lazy about it, I've started cooking thick cut potato wedges on the grill the same way. I use McCormick's Montreal seasoning on them. I'm not sure if they are truly steak fries, like I said, but around here a steak fry is anything cut thick and seasoned, so that's what I called them.

Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago.
And if you're really feeling energetic and want to add anotehr step, take them out of the pan, set them on the grill and let the oil drain away and get some grill marks on them :)

Attachments

• 9-1-08.jpg
    9-1-08.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 172
I've only tried three of her (PD's) recipes and didn't like any of them. I'm more skeptical than intrigued about putting peanut butter on a perfectly good ham. But I'm definitely interested in the outcome if anyone here tries it.

Suzi, I don't know if they are true "steak fries", but I often cook potatoes sliced in half on the grill in a foil pan with butter and EVOO, and seasoned well. They come out like baked potatoes with a little color to their two sides. I've posted a pic or ten here before ;)
So, in lieu of my deep fryer's grease needing changed and me being lazy about it, I've started cooking thick cut potato wedges on the grill the same way. I use McCormick's Montreal seasoning on them. I'm not sure if they are truly steak fries, like I said, but around here a steak fry is anything cut thick and seasoned, so that's what I called them.

Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago.
And if you're really feeling energetic and want to add anotehr step, take them out of the pan, set them on the grill and let the oil drain away and get some grill marks on them :)

Those look yummy pacanis!

Back
Top Bottom