What's for Dinner, Monday, Sept. 22, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I'm planning on making my "Smoke Roasted Chicken". I'm sure I've described this before, but here it is again.

I will brine 10 lbs of leg-and-thigh quarters. The brine will be infused with rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, and pepper.

I will grill the chicken, over direct heat, but the firepan will be as far away from the chicken as possible, and the lid will be closed. I won't use many coals, so it will take around 30 - 40 minutes to cook fully. I call it "Smoke Roasted" as it's in contact with the smoke, and the lid is closed, but it's not the high intense heat of grilling. It's somewhere inbetween smoking and grilling.

The end result is tender, juicy, well-seasoned chicken. Yummy! All 10 lbs will dissappear by the time dinner is done.

Lasagna, with tons of mushrooms and italian sausage.
The last gasps of tomatoes from our measly plants will become salad,
and some good garlic bread will round it out.
Oh, yeah, wife wants corn, too.

We are having company , a friend of hubby's is staying for 3 days. I don't know yet what I will make for dinner. Either chicken fingers or chicken-spinach-asiago cheese sausage.

Happy first day of Fall or Autumn everyone.

With the new nip in the air [yeh, right:huh:] thought it'd be a good time to do pasta fagioli with salad and NYT bread, extra garlic, flax seeds, smoked gouda shreds, finely grated parm cheese.

Attachments

• fall_colors_2007_5.jpg
    fall_colors_2007_5.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 243
Boy, that's some good sounding food.
I was thinking about lasagna just yesterday. I haven't made, or for that matter had any in years.
The chickens sound really good, too.
And the shrimp and the garlic bread and the salad :LOL:

Thanks to Andy, Uncle Bob and KE
we're having :

1 lb ground turkey
1 chopped onion
2 chopped garlic bulbs
1/2 cut beef broth
1 tablespoon Thyme
1/4 cup red wine
salt and pepper
3 chopped potatoes
1 bay leaf
2 chopped tomatoes

Saute turkey onion and garlc until meat is brown
Add broth, wine,thyme salt and pepper and potato and bay leaf
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook until potatoes are soft
Add tomatoes and cook until heated.

Or the above with chicken broth, white wine and tarragon...!

Going to a Pampered Chef party so there will be food there - Son and DH will have left-overs from yesterday...Max's friends are coming over so that means I better hide a bit for me for tomorrow's lunch

I've got a bag of frozen bay scallops.

Bread, deep fry, dip, eat.

I'll throw together a couple dipping sauces from whatever I've got in my fridge.

I'll probably boil some corn on the cob in old bay-laced water to go along with them. Whole deal will take maybe 25 minutes.

I just had one of those leftover foil chicken and stuffing pouches for lunch. Along with a lot of mashed potatoes and gravy.
Dinner may have to wait til tomorrow :pig:

I have no idea. It was supposed to be lasagna that I prepped and froze awhile back but I have a late doctor's appointment, the border needs to eat before I get home and DH may have to stay a bit late from work so we will all be eating at different times.

I think I will just put on a crockpot of soup and let everyone serve themselves from that. There are plenty of sandwich makings as well.

I've got a fridge full of leftover lasagna and the fried chicken from the apple orchard picnic....

But I think I'm just opening a can of soup and having a couple of the special city pretzels Lou brings me. Definitely an apple for dessert!

VB, How's Lou?

Leftover pizza, some chicken and salad here. Boring. It should be leftover tortillas but mine didn't come out right.

Back
Top Bottom