hey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WestVillage

Assistant Cook
Greatest City in the World - New York, NY
i'm new here from new york. well i'm originally from the los angeles area but i moved to new york a few years ago and fell in love. los angeles sucks it's too spread out and there's literally no diversity in food there. mexican is the main course there. i love new york because i have everything i could ever want in a city at my fingertips. i ordered a pizza last night, chinese saturday night, and indian friday night. i love the accessability to the subway, buses, and cabs. i love the seasons here and i love the density. so you'll be hearing me praise new york a lot but who wouldn't? it's the greatest city in the world.

i love food. i love italian, mexican, chinese, greek, french, caribbean, american, vietnamese, indian, and anything you put in front of me. i've eaten octopus, squid, turantulas (cooked of course), etc. and everybody i never tried any of these things besides mexican and italian until i moved to new york because we literally had nothing but a fish taco shack, a mexican joint, and a pizza joint near my house in los angeles. so new york will really open you up to the world. los angeles is boring unless you surf, skate or you're a celeb.

Welcome to the site. I share your love of NY. There really is no other place in the world like it. I have never lived there, but have spend TONS of time there as I had lots of family and many friends who lived in NY. In high school it seems like I was there every weekend.

I am curious, what were turantulas like?

Welcome to the site. I share your love of NY. There really is no other place in the world like it. I have never lived there, but have spend TONS of time there as I had lots of family and many friends who lived in NY. In high school it seems like I was there every weekend.

I am curious, what were turantulas like?

horrible, crunchy, creepy. that may be the one thing i'll never try again. i can't remember the name of the place but i believe it was in bloomfield, nj.

Glad to hear someone loves new york though. i see you're from massachusetts. love boston, great city, great food.

I love NY for so many reasons and do miss it, especially for the food, South Street fish mongers, and......... and haven't had a good pizza since moving down here. I sure wish it was closer - 1500 miles.

yeah i may have been a little hard on it. it's not a horrible place, it's just not for an urbanite like myself. it's just not as cultured as nyc, i love the convenience of the eastern seaboard and i love not having a car payment. :cool:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:-Hey buddy, I'm just an easily entertained, slack-jawed yokel from the heart of flyover country!!

I've spent some time in LA, and I could make a whole vacation out of watching the freaks (No offense to any freaks here) walking up and down Melrose!!

Again, welcome to DC-the nicest bunch of folks on the net!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom