KitchenAid 350 Watt Professional Mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I don't know how the heck to use this thing. It's so big it takes oil.

What in pie's name do I use this for? I stole it from Mom, it was dusty.

The hook gives me the creeps. Peter Pan, anyone?

Attachments

• Picture 54.jpg
    Picture 54.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 756
  • Picture 55.jpg
    Picture 55.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 653
Oh, Saphellae, you do not know what a gold mine you have there!

You can whip cream in a minute with the whisk attachment; I make big batches of chocolate chip cookies (and others) and my KA does everything from creaming the butter to stirring in the chips nice and even. That hook that creeps you out makes awesome bread, pizza dough, etc.

Did you happen to get the recipe and instruction manual that comes with it? That is a good place to start. If you can't find that then just got to the KA website and you can probably order one for your model.

Have Fun!!!!!

I don't know how the heck to use this thing. It's so big it takes oil.

What in pie's name do I use this for? I stole it from Mom, it was dusty.

The hook gives me the creeps. Peter Pan, anyone?

SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE MACHINE AND NOBODY WILL BE HURT. YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF A MONSTER THAT REQUIRES A HUGE AMOUNT OF TRAINING TO TAME. HAVE A LARGE MALE PACKAGE UP THAT BEAST AND SHIP IT TO MENTOR OHIO. I WILL TRAIN AND/OR PROPERLY CONFINE SAID BEAST. PM ME WITH YOUR PAY PAL INFO AND I WILL IMMEDIATELY FORWARD SHIPPING COSTS TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE MACHINE OR YOU WILL BE CAUGHT IN ITS TENTACLES.

JoeV
aka; Court Jester:LOL::LOL:

LOL! My dad is a chef and told me to be careful with it, but I had no idea it was a gold mine lol. I was surprised when he said, "Watch out, don't tip it over!! It has oil in it!" I'm like, WHAT IN THE WORLD????

I will start at the website, thanks for the advice Laurie! Nick will like the idea of me whipping up cookies in a snap.

I can't find the manual :( How old is this thing?

If there's a nameplate or tag on it with the serial #, I'm sure you could Google search some contact info and they can tell you how old it is by the #.

Looks like a great find.

Look at the small print on the sides or back of the machine to see if it's made by Whirlpool or Hobart, the two companies that have owned Ktichenaid over the years. Also look for a model number. You should be able to find a manual online.

There's a lot you can do with this machine. You've lucked out big time.

I put the model number in google and came up with nothing. Others are also looking for the manual online to no avail :( The model is 4KSM50PWH.

It says made by KitchenAid.

Since I can't find the manual.. what to do with it?

I just did a quick Google and came up with this You can see there is at least a parts list in PDF towards the bottom.
Maybe there is no longer a manual available for that specific model, but I would think one stand mixer is pretty close to the next. There's a phone # on that page you might try calling tomorrow....

KitchenAid does some strange things with model numbers sometimes ... here is the Manual for the KSM50PWH - I would download it and save it to my hard drive if I were you - KA has a habit of moving things around without notice or traceable links to the new location.

From the photos it appears you have the 5-quart model.

Oh Pacanis, sorry for being vague about that.. I just mean that I am really busy during the day so it's just easier to e-mail :)

Oh my gosh, I'm roaring with laughter here.
You guys are all so funny.
Okay, this is mine. These things are amazing, you know they eat for you, they sleep for you, they take your meds for you, they're wonderful. Okay, they don't do all that but they do everything else.
You'll learn to love it, just give it a try from time to time and meantime, see if calling KitchenAid, and they are woonderful there by the way, can offer you some sort of a manual/instruction guide for your treasure...
Call 1-8005416390 kitchenaid portable customer service, correct number..............
8 am - 8 pm EST (Mon - Fri)
10 am - 5 pm EST (Sat)
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

KitchenAid
Customer Satisfaction Center
P.O. Box 218
St. Joseph, MI 49085

Really Saphellae, the customer service have gotten calls from me several times regarding this or that, nothing major, just stuff I didn't know. Somewhere online, you should be able to find info on your special model, if not, ask CS at KA if they can point you to an instruction manual that is 'close' to the model you have so you have some idea.

Michael actually posted something I can use as a manual, but it's good to have those phone numbers in case I need them. I think mom used it twice and then it sat on the shelf.

Saphellae - since you live in Canada, you might want to use the email link or phone number, mailing address info on the KA Canada Support Options page - they are different from the KA USA info.

Just for grins I did a little more searching and the only references I could find regarding the 4KSM50PWH were on Canadian sites. In fact - the KitchenAid USA site doesn't show any current stand mixer model numbers beginning with "4" - 3 of the 5 listed on the KA Canada site begin with "4". And when you look at that parts list pacanis found - it appears the parts for the 4KSM50PWH and KSM50PWH are the same.

Anyway - just thought I would throw in that info.

Back
Top Bottom