Twinkie Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havn't made this cake yet, but it sounds very interesting. My grandma's "Out to lunch" in her mind, these days, So I can't ask her which recipies of hers were good/bad.. So i'm gunna start finding out.

Get 4 packages of Twinkies - 2 to a package or a box of Twins.
Slice length ways.
Place face up in bottom of 9x13 pan.
Cut up 5 bananas over the twinkies. Use 1 large package of Instant Vanilla Pudding, but don't use quite as much milk that it calls for. Drain 1 can of crushed pineapple (unsweetened) and add over the pudding. Top with cool whip. Let set in refrigerator for 30 min.

It may be a while before I try this recipe, so if anyone feels like giving it a shot, let me know what you think of it.

I've actually made this before. It got good reviews at the church potluck. Most peopel couldn't believe it had Twinkies in it.

this looks ridiculously delightful to me. I've not heard of it but I'd try it in a heartbeat. kinda reminds me of that banana dessert recipe that my husband brought home for me the other day, much of same ingreds but it calls for a specialty cookie that I've never heard of before to soak up the liquid instead of the twinks. plus it calls for creme de noya too [guess who brought that home tonight along with the milk I asked for?] It don't know that I'd do the pineapple probably use banana cream pie filling instead but not sure that'd work.
looks great and thanks for posting,.
I know my grands would love this, I'll have to keep this in favorites to make for them...

i tried it yesterday ...But some thing is missed in flavor ...

i tried it yesterday ...But some thing is missed in flavor ...
Try banana pudding or some stronger flavor of pudding. Make sure your bananas are really ripe for the strongest flavor. I also added more bananas than the recipe calls for.

Back
Top Bottom