PETA makes plea to Ben & Jerry's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An intern on O & A brought in a homemade batch of vanilla from his sister. lmao A few of the people ate it and said the aftertaste was salty and gamey. lol One said it tasted like rotten cantelope.

I worked pediatrics for 25 years before beginnng my current journey and let me tell you, human breast milk really has an odor! Then there is the whole pasturization issue. How do we know the woman's health? An women only lactate after giving birth the same as cows. Don't see the difference.

Ben and Jerry's will never be healthy, that's all there is to it. Besides, what are we going to do, line up a bunch of women, hook them up to a gigantic breast pump, and feed them nutritional shakes to make sure their milk has vitamins and tastes good? Can you imagine being able to get enough human breast milk to support that? Cows are huge and produce way more milk than humans! I think it's pretty funny when animal-rights people would rather make humans "suffer" than let the poor innocent animals suffer.

With no interference from outsiders, PETA is doing enough ridiculous stuff to discredit themselves and ensure they are regarded as lunatic fringe.

Why not consider soy milk or something like that?

Anywho.. when I heard this story, I was trying to figure out how they would mass produce human milk. Ladies, can you see yourself hooked up to a milking machine? Plus, can you really control what a human eats, drinks, puts into their body to ensure you are getting a quality product?

I would rather see stricter guidelines put in place for the humane treatment of dairy cows. Any animal raised for dairy purposes.

img_692836_0_529f0d53c8eceff86aa0d9381cfb6f28.gif

Nice comeback.:glare:

What is so inhumane about milking cows? Actually it gives them relief from full udders. It doesn't hurt them.

In my book PETA has been over the wall for a long time; this just reinforces my opinion. Let's face it folks, the vast majority of us are omnivores! We eat meat as well as vegies and grain. This is how it is. At least in this country, the aminals we slaughter for food are dispatched in the least painful manner possible. It happens. Live with it or go vegan. You have a choice.

I'm not a dairy farmer but I'm not understanding why cows would suffer from being milked. Cows have been milked for thousands of years so what's the problem? Seems to me I remember when I was breast feeding that my breasts were very painful if I didn't empty. I would think this would happen to the cow also. What happens to the milk if the cow isn't emptied? Anyone have the answer?

Dave and DQ, the issue isn't not milking a lactating cow, it's that they repeatedly impregnate milk cows so they will continue to give milk. Not my POV, theirs.

Dave and DQ, the issue isn't not milking a lactating cow, it's that they repeatedly impregnate milk cows so they will continue to give milk. Not my POV, theirs.

That is correct... and then yanking the calves from their mothers. Then there are the milking machines that do cause damage to the udders over time. That is what my comment was about on having stricter guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom