Paul Newman has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I just heard that on the radio.
Of course, the longer we live, the more people we are going to see die :(

He was certainly an icon - DH and I were talking about him this morning after we saw the news. When he was on the screen, his presence was powerful and riveting. He was all you could look at. Not sure if there are currently any actors/actresses with that quality - maybe we are just getting old.

wow. very weird as I've been checking him out the last several days on this web site, that is usually very accurate and so far, well you see what they think, as of right this second.........
that is sad.
what a handsome man who adored his wife all the way through.
also his charity work. his Sockarooni spaghetti sauce is wonderful.
love his salad dressings too and his juice and popcorn products.
he'll be missed, they just don't make 'em like that anymore, movie stars I mean.
what's your favorite Paul Newman film?
He had many that I loved, he was wonderful in all of them, but my favorite is one of my favorite all time movies anyway, whether he was in it or not,
Exodus..............

LEFES, last updated 09/26, so, maybe it will be Monday before it is updated? Maybe not running on the weekend.

We knew his time was close, but it is still sad to hear. I always loved Paul Newman.
Cool Hand Luke... was my favorite.
That is James's favorite Paul Newman movie as well. I loved it too, but my own favorite of his was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

:)Barbara

truly, truly the end of an era. Paul Newman epitomized movie stardom -- as well as great acting -- for my generation. A real heartthrob, as well.

He "grew up" to be a great humanitarian as well. Today's young actors could take some lessons from his life. What a shining example of a fine human being.

Rest in peace, Paul Newman, and many condolences to your loving family.

My favorite is the Sting. I've seen it over and over and I always see something I never noticed before. He was a great actor, and a great man.

Yes, very sad. It's such an eye opener when someone that has been around "forever", dies. It makes my own life seem that much more short feeling. I get in my mind an image of people in the public eye and they never seem to age, it's hard when I realize that they actually are - and me too! :)

Back
Top Bottom