Who eats the rind on brie cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I happily donate my lifetime allotment of brie to whomever wants it.
I love cheese, but brie is just boring.
When I do eat it, I tend to eat the rind too, however.

I happily donate my lifetime allotment of brie to whomever wants it.
I love cheese, but brie is just boring.
When I do eat it, I tend to eat the rind too, however.

Many people serve cheeses too cold. Brie is one cheese that really suffers when served that way. If you know you've tried it at proper temperature and found it boring, then that's just the way it is for you. But if you're not sure, make an effort to try some brie at room temp or higher (baked brie is super tasty).

Oh, and eat the rind right along with it - it's part of what makes the full flavor ;-)

Brie is like a lot of other cheeses - you get good ones and bad ones. The store pre packaged variety is nearly always underripe and with little flavour. Q room temperature ripe brie chese is delicious.

I do. We rarely get really fine Brie in this country anymore. Most is double and tripple cream, very thick and firm. Single cream fully ripe is runny and a little high...quite good, but not to many people's likings so rarely gotten. A mushroom brie or a baked brie with pesto are both really trasty, even with the more neutral heqvier cream versions.

:) I eat the rind only if it is fresh meaning pure white no tinges of yellow or brown by then it has an ammonia smell yuck. I can't get good brie here as the turn over is slow so it gets old. When I'm in a town where people buy a lot good cheese the brie is wonderful. In fact the best brie I have ever had( a big wheel) was so fresh that that when you cut a piece with in a couple of days the white mold grew back onto the cut piece. If brie has even the slightest hint of ammonia smell I really don't want it.

erggggh patooey! I do not like the taste, and further the texture. I absolutely love brie, but not the outside! too.... can't even describe the taste, just not pleasant to me. I am not unwilling to try different ones, but it has been my experience with several it is a no-go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom