Your Halloween food: What are you planning to cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I am going to have the usual bangers and mash with a spoonful of mustard and a spoonful of berry sauce to go with it. The bangers are vegetarian because although I am a vegetarian I just have to have my traditional Halloween dinner.

I will also make pumpkin icecream with my new icecream maker to serve with the hot apple, almond and raisin pie I am going to make.

And maybe there will be pumpkin soup too.

I will also make cornflake white chocolate cakes. They are my childhood nostalgia party food.

Mel

I actually have to cook for a freinds bday/halloween party.

Not 100% sure what im making but for some reason sliders jsut popped into my head.

Your Halloween food: What are you planning to cook?

the slower children...

mwahahahaaaaaa!

Absolutely NOTHING!!! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, & hubby & I spend it enjoying a take-out pizza, donuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, & apple cider, watching old horror movies, surrounded by my huge collection of Halloween decorations & memorabilia (which I hope to be breaking out this week).

hubby and I are the opps. of Breezy. We lock the doors...turn of the lights .. and hide in the bedroom pretending we are not home. Hopefully the night passes quickly. It's just an annoying night for us. I know... we're party pooppppers!!

Breezy, do you have a lot of kids Trick or Treating at your house? We have maybe 35-ish, enough to interrupt cooking any dinner on that evening.

I always have my adjacent neighbors over for cocktails and snacks while the kids come (the neighbors bring their own bowls of candy to my house, so the kids get a 3-fer when they ring my bell).

Halloween is on a Friday this year, and Friday is always order-out-pizza-or-subs night at my house, so this will work out perfectly!

Lee

We usually try to have something fast... nobody wants to eat anyway they just want to GO!!!!!
Corn dogs and fries, about a pound of candy each for dessert and off to bed.
:)

Ahhh - but you see, that's what makes our Halloween SO relaxing. In the 11 years we've lived here, we've had a grand total of ONE trick-or-treater - lol!!! So all our decorating & pumpkin-carving, etc., is just for our own enjoyment.

Let's face it. I live at the very end of a long, dark, rural dirt/gravel road surrounded by woods with only two houses on it. And our immediate neighborhood doesn't have any small children.

We do buy a bag of candy (obviously something we both don't mind eating ourselves) every year "just in case", but it still ends up a fun cozy "horror movie" night at home for just the two of us. Can't wait!! :)

Same here breezy. Never had one, the neighbors give our kids the whole bowl when we make the rounds after coming back from town.
We put a bowl of our favorite stuff out while we're gone..... then we still get to have it when we come home. :)

Bucky - you are too funny!

We always have a bash - all the neighbors come over and we decorate the garage - I make lots of chili (last year 15 lbs) as well as lots of other food. Plenty of drinks - adult and kid - it should be alot of fun............

Make the Kitty Litter Cake :)

Attachments

• KittyLitter1.jpg
    KittyLitter1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 167
  • KittyLitter4.jpg
    KittyLitter4.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 180
Make the Kitty Litter Cake :)
Okay ~ I need THAT recipe for when my father and the evil woman unwelcomely arrive for the her next holiday (we don't celebrate the same ones).

I don't know what to expect this year in the way of trick or treaters because I'm new to the street.

For dinner I'll prepare my Samhain feast. Steak in place of pork (can't do pork), some seasonal veggies (whatever the veggie stand has in stock), caramel apple dippers, and maybe some pumpkin bread depending on if I have time to make it. Oh, and an "Octoberfest Beer" that's locally available.

Samhain is my favorite holiday. I love it and look forward to it all year.

Last year we made a coffin dip, we used a rectangle uncut lof of bread, sliced of the top and hinged it open with toothpicks. Scooped out the bread filled it with you favorite dip and laid a plastic skeleton on top. Sprinkle with paprika for blood and there you have a coffin dip which the kids thought was great.

Back
Top Bottom