Homemade Hot dogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi could americans tell this ignorant english man the different varities of hot dogs and how to make them at home.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers

There's a heckuva thread here somewhere on hot dogs that has everyone telling of their favorite brand. I'm not sure what may be available to you where you live, but... You can fry them in butter, deep fry them (not common, but it's done and also a recent thread on), boil them, nuke them, grill them, stick 'em on a fork and hold over a gas burner, even eat them raw like bologna, or throw them in a pot of baked beans. They come skinless or with a natural casing and accept any type of condiment you can come up with, chili, sauerkraut, mustard, relish, catsup..... you get the idea.
The incredible edible.... hot dog :D

Aah, good point. It didn't occur to me they may have been looking to actually "make" them from scratch. I better put another pot on (lol)

Some 25 years ago I served on jury duty with a fellow who worked for a hot dog manufacturer. He said it was his job to compound the spice / seasoning mix and that the mix had to be adjusted depending on the meats being used.

Back
Top Bottom