International Student Cookie Exchange (US-UK)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrweber

Assistant Cook
My wife and I were talking the other day and came up with an idea which I think might work for a lot of people. We are from the US and have a daughter studying at Cambridge University in the UK. We have always made it a practice to regularly send cookies to our kids in college. It is something that they have always looked forward to. Unfortunately we have discovered that doing this while she is in England is both expensive and difficult (US postal regulations about sending perishable items). $25 seems like a lot to spend to send a batch of cookies to her (although we did send a birthday cake last December).

It occurred to us that if we could find someone who lives in the UK and has a student in the US we might be able to arrange an international student cookie exchange. We would bake a batch of cookies and send it to their child and they would do the same for us. Hey, it works with house exchanges ;-) Might even be something that could be organized in a special forum.

Let me know if there is anyone out there who might be interested is helping to organize something like this (or who might be open to this kind of cookie exchange US-UK)

Back
Top Bottom