Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
lo-thanksgiving_humor_eat_ham_turkey-810472.jpg

I just wanted to wish everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I know some people celebrate on the Saturday, Sunday and/or Monday, not always on the day we all have off from work (which is the day we choose to RELAX and have leftover hot turkey sandwiches). So I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

As for me, I am giving thanks for my wonderful parents, and that they are both alive and well even if we are going through some rough times right now. I also give thanks to Nick, the love of my life, and I hope God blesses our new home next month. I am also grateful for the friends I have here on DC, without the support and love I see here every day the world just would not be the same.

:chef::chicken:
:chef::pig:

Happy Thanksgiving!

And when you and Nick move into your new home next month, you can have your own personal Thanksgiving celebration (along with the U.S. as we celebrate ours)!

:)Barbara

Happy canadian thanksgiving

For the first time in several years,we are going out for dinner.I got up very early this morning...i found some info online on the history of the celebration...however the meaning has changed over the years.i knew it was celebrated over 40 years ahead of our american friends.

The first Thanksgiving Day in Canada after Confederation was observed on April 15, 1872, to celebrate the recovery of The Prince of Wales
(later King Edward VII) from a serious illness.Starting in 1879 Thanksgiving Day was observed every year but the date was proclaimed annually and changed year to year. The theme of the Thanksgiving holiday also changed year to year to reflect an important event to be thankful for. In the early years it was for an abundant harvest and occasionally for a special anniversary.On January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:
“ A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October

“ A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed …

it's ok to say it: "and living right next to the united sates of america"...

:mrgreen:

just kidding, somewhat.

happy thanksgiving to all canucks everywhere, no matter what day it is.

Back
Top Bottom